This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hand pain has been holding back my gaming lately...

#1Samman123Posted 3/25/2013 11:42:27 AM
...my hands hurt a lot I believe when I walk through cold weather. I've been gaming for at least 15 years (21 now) and hand pain is starting to make lose interest since playing seems to make it worse...
#2OverburdenedPosted 3/25/2013 11:44:59 AM
Been to the doctors?
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#3SunDevil77Posted 3/25/2013 11:45:31 AM
Grab the Bengay?
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#4Samman123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:46:46 AM
Overburdened posted...
Been to the doctors?

I went to the doctor and he checked my hands. He said it isn't my joints (which is really good), but is possibly inflammation in my hands. He prescribed me Naproxen, an anti-inflammatory drug for 2 weeks then to contact him. It's been about 5 days.
#5OverburdenedPosted 3/25/2013 12:00:19 PM
Fair enough, maybe wait the whole 2 weeks before playing more games, it may make it worse? Then after the two weeks are up and fingers crossed your hands feel better, then play the funk out of your games.

Give you something to look forward to.
---
#6nothingbeastPosted 3/25/2013 12:03:32 PM
Make a fist.

Is the pain at the points where the skin is stretched the most? (for example, the tops of your knuckles)

If so, you might have severely dry skin that's cracking. I had this a couple Winters back and it cracked so badly they bled. Kinda looked like a couple hundred paper cuts.

If this is what's happening, start lotioning up a couple times a day and see if that helps. Be careful putting it on the fresh cuts, as it may burn like hell.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#7OverburdenedPosted 3/25/2013 12:06:05 PM
I have eczema and the cold weather doesn't help at all, drys the skin up, I'm not saying you have that, but it seems a lot of skin conditions get worse with cold weather.
---