This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would $70 games deter you from buying?

#1robirminghamPosted 3/25/2013 3:32:01 PM
If full retail games cost $70 for the Xbox 720, will that deter you from making some purchases?

http://flydrs.com/70-video-games-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/

I recall how some games cost this much for Super Nintendo / Genesis back in the day. I think Street Fighter 2 Turbo was $74.99 actually.
---
www.flydrs.com Video game reviews, previews, and info.
https://www.facebook.com/theflydrs
#2GriffPosted 3/25/2013 3:35:10 PM
The standard $59.95 deters me from buying, at $65 w/tax I have absolutely no problem waiting a month or so for the better deals.

I would never pay $70+ for a game, ever, that's...just......insane!
#3XiviosPosted 3/25/2013 3:35:40 PM
Erm, well, no, but only because $60 games already deter me with a near 100% success rate. I may buy GTA5 at full price, but that is the only game in the foreseable future for me, and previous to this post, I haven't paid full price in months. The last "big" purchase for me was ETS2, at about $23.
---
What do you want from me?
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 3/25/2013 3:36:53 PM
No. If I wanted a game day 1 I'd still buy it day 1. Allowing for inflation it's less than I was paying for games 20 years ago.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5CaIiber345Posted 3/25/2013 3:49:51 PM
No, because I don't buy 10 or more new games a year at full price anymore, like I used to.

This year I've bought two new games, and only GTA V is a guaranteed day-one buy for the rest of the year. Everything else doesn't interest me, or I'll wait until its reduced in price.

So I can live with $70 next-gen.
---
Please leave a message. I'm getting high on the digital Crack known as Minecraft.
Hail HYDRA!
#6HandGodPosted 3/25/2013 3:50:09 PM
No. If I wanted a game day 1 I'd still buy it day 1. Allowing for inflation it's less than I was paying for games 20 years ago.

Pretty much exactly this. Games are pretty cheap these days, all things considered.

While I look for the best deal possible, if none are available and I don't have the patience to wait, I'll still buy the games I'm most interested in relatively close to release.
#7liam_000Posted 3/25/2013 3:52:08 PM
People will always be against price rises, but as you said games have been the same price for so long now its only right there is a rise eventually.

Here in the UK i was buying PS2 games in 2002 for the same price I'm buying 360 games now, a decade later.

In that time the National minimum wage has doubled, yet the prices remain the same. Im having a hard time thinking of anything other than videogames that i can get for the same price now as i could back in the early 00s
---
gamertag; OozyCrayfish
Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the whole ******* world.
#8AnotherSomebodyPosted 3/25/2013 3:56:47 PM
Assuming everything else about the system is fine (i.e: no online requirements, no used game blocking, no forced kinect, full backwards compatibility, etc...) then I'd be fine with that.
---
MAKIN' BACON PANCAKES
#9XechsPosted 3/25/2013 4:02:40 PM
I don't mind as long as I find value in it.

I wonder if people that are upset with prices more then usual are ones that can't rent due to recent changes in rental market over the years. A lot of games are short enough to beat on a weekend which is like $4 and for a month is like $18 (good for playing multi while community is still alive). I'm lucky to actually have blockbusters and redboxes around.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#10TheBlueStigPosted 3/25/2013 4:21:39 PM
I refuse to buy at full price anymore, I'll wait for a price drop no matter what.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin