This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you don't plan to play BioShock Infinite, you are a fool.

#1Seri-_-ouslyPosted 3/25/2013 7:55:58 PM
It's not really a shooter. Sure, there are guns and whatnot, but this game literally is art in media form, which is an acceptable form of art. The political background of the game is phenomenal. The direction that Columbia and its denizens have gone in is insanely detailed, with audio logs all over the city to account for what the people are thinking and how their life has been changed, as well as many other things that I will not discuss online without posting spoiler alerts.

The detail of the city, ESPECIALLY on PC is orgasmic. There are not many game developers that can achieve such a massive feat. Irrational Games has done it again by creating a city that the players themselves can get lost in.

I would like to go on, but I think most of us here worth a damn already plan on getting this wonderful game. I don't adopt the opinions of others as my own easily, but when a game continually gets 9.5's and 10's all around, I think it's safe to say that the game is a great game. The story itself is worth buying if you're the type to like RPG games, which I do like. The gameplay, based on the videos, is very very refined. The soundtrack is outstanding and will captivate you. The detail has already been stated, and of course, the final topping on this gem is the fact that multiplayer was cut so that the single-player could be everything it needed to be. Cutting the multiplayer out was the best decision made for this game. Please check this game out. It's fantastic.
---
XBL: Tenkaichi06
#2SunDevil77Posted 3/25/2013 7:59:39 PM
Great game, but no game is for everyone. No matter how good.

Except for Mario is Missing. Everyone loves MiM.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#3DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/25/2013 8:00:07 PM
So far I have not been impressed with the gameplay of Bioshock 1, so I have no plans to purchase sequels. The atmosphere is great, but gameplay is weak. Maybe Infinite is better, I'll probably never know.
#4Arucard05Posted 3/25/2013 8:01:23 PM
So far I have not been impressed with the gameplay of Bioshock 1, so I have no plans to purchase sequels. The atmosphere is great, but gameplay is weak. Maybe Infinite is better, I'll probably never know.

It's better, but if the atmosphere and art design can't carry the game for you, than Infinite likely won't impress.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#5HambodiasPosted 3/25/2013 8:06:49 PM
i played bioshock 1 and i liked it and i could see why it got so much praise.

i liked it but it is not one of my favorite games, i just didnt get caught up in Rapture as much as others did and i even took my time while playing it. :/

infinite looks good, but im going to wait til i forget the ending cuz someone on here spoiled it for me :''''/
kinda works in my favor too because by then the price should drop significantly
---
Dertbag Design
Morose and Lugubrious Criminal
#6DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/25/2013 8:11:40 PM
Arucard05 posted...

It's better, but if the atmosphere and art design can't carry the game for you, than Infinite likely won't impress.

I just don't like the bullet sponge enemies and poor, clunky shooting mechanics. I could deal with the clunkiness if bullets dropped enemies, and I could deal with the bullet sponges if the controls were tight, but the combination is just a mess. I got it for $5 during the GoD sale, and I'll probably get around to finishing it someday but it definately didn't hook me.
#7blakbird13Posted 3/25/2013 8:17:07 PM
I want to play it but I'll probably wait for a price drop. I have allot of other games to keep me busy for now, and I still need to finish 2 before starting the new one.
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 3/25/2013 8:25:37 PM
The people here are a lot more forgiving than the PS3 board.
---
Did I tell you how I like cake?
#9ballermat982Posted 3/25/2013 8:34:08 PM
I guess I am a fool.
#10oasisbeyondPosted 3/25/2013 8:38:49 PM
I'll wait for the HD pack next gen :)