This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you ever decide to use IGN as a review source

#1OrgeLambartPosted 3/26/2013 12:55:41 AM
Don't do it.... Literally gave Deadly Premonition a 1.4 then have gradually altered that score over the years to make it seem like they weren't so biased. Just checked now they have it up to a 2.0.

Scamsters got paid off by MS to tank that game because it came out at the same time as Alan Wake, which managed to pull down a 9.0, which was a 9.5 when the game was first released.
#2OrgeLambart(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 12:59:55 AM
Literally reviewed Hanna Montana and Pimp my ride higher..
#3BeknessPosted 3/26/2013 1:00:49 AM
OrgeLambart posted...
Literally reviewed Hanna Montana and Pimp my ride higher..

ROFL
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#4CapwnDPosted 3/26/2013 1:03:55 AM
I disregarded IGN reviews years ago when it was obvious that they only review one version of a game and copy/pasta the review for all platforms, not even bothering to fix things like the button configuration.

For me it's not even about the scores. That makes sense. What I don't appreciate is lazy work.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5Halo_ForeverPosted 3/26/2013 3:56:45 AM
Hey, he only lied completely about the controls of the game and such, give him some slack!!!
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 3/26/2013 3:58:21 AM
If you're paying attention to the numerical scores, I don't care what the source is, you're doing it wrong.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7zerooo0Posted 3/26/2013 4:11:17 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
If you're paying attention to the numerical scores, I don't care what the source is, you're doing it wrong.

This, also TC have you ever heard of "DIFFERENT OPINIONS"? Good lord you would believe that some people would have never heard of it before on here.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Sinestro
#8Halo_ForeverPosted 3/26/2013 4:20:06 AM
zerooo0 posted...

This, also TC have you ever heard of "DIFFERENT OPINIONS"? Good lord you would believe that some people would have never heard of it before on here.

When you need to lie, different opinions goes straight out of the window. If you have played Deadly Premonition and read the review, you will notice a bunch of inconsistencies, starting with the controls which were described as worse than the original Resident Evil. If you have played the game for more than two minutes, you know that this isn't the case, it uses the RE4 scheme for most things, with driving in first person.

Additionally they had the typical worse graphics than the PS2 thing. Outdoor aren't DP's tour de force but indoors they have surprisingly many objects (e.g. in terms of objects e.g. Polly's indoor garden is something that I'd expect to find in Max Payne 3). The same thing goes for most of the houses, most video game homes are pretty damn spartan, with little decor or items, while DP has loads of stuff everywhere.
---
Poet Eliot had it all wrong....
#9ponderingcowPosted 3/26/2013 4:25:03 AM
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5554/bombermanreviewign.png
#10LanternOfAshPosted 3/26/2013 4:30:39 AM
I'd rather side with IGN a million times over a butthurt DP fanboy crying over their score.