This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I sync more than 1 xbox?

#1joemama3434Posted 3/26/2013 10:00:16 AM(edited)
For example, if I have an xbox in my room and an xbox in my basement... would I be able to play on both of them with no problems other than saved data being split up?

Edit: To clarify, I'd like to be signed into my xbox live account from both (not at the same time).
#2Bull77Posted 3/26/2013 10:02:08 AM
I think you'd be fine, just transfer over your gamer profile and you should be good to go. Are both connected to the interwebs? If so I don't think an save files would be an issue.
---
GT: Amish Assassin8
#3joemama3434(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 12:48:36 PM
A long time ago I used this same setup. I played castle crashers on my basement xbox. Then when I played on my upstairs xbox I had to redownload my gamer profile. When I went back to the basement, it made me redownload my gamer profile again. I did this so many times that castle crashers won't work anymore because something got messed up in this process.

Is this still the case?
#4SheepinatorPosted 3/26/2013 12:59:22 PM
joemama3434 posted...
A long time ago I used this same setup. I played castle crashers on my basement xbox. Then when I played on my upstairs xbox I had to redownload my gamer profile. When I went back to the basement, it made me redownload my gamer profile again. I did this so many times that castle crashers won't work anymore because something got messed up in this process.

Is this still the case?

Were you playing offline during that time? If you were offline and the game saved some progress to your local profile, then you went to another machine and logged in, which would transfer your last synced profile from xbox.com, then yeah you'd have a problem. Always make sure you gave your profile a chance to call home to xbox.com before closing down and switching consoles.

Anyway, what you're asking about works fine. You might want to think about which console content is first bought on, as only the gamertag which owns the content is allowed to play that content on alternate 360's (and only while online).
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5MachineZedPosted 3/26/2013 1:07:19 PM
Should also note, if you have Gold and enable Cloud saving, your save data, and profile will transfer between the 2 Xbox's. It automatically gets saved and redownloaded when you play the game.
#6joemama3434(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 1:15:07 PM
Is it possible to get cloud storage that's larger than 500MB?
#7joemama3434(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 5:04:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8dannyaqPosted 3/26/2013 5:20:41 PM
its probably going to be annoying redownloading your profile every time you play on a different console. if you don't and choose to play offline, your achievements will be screwed up (and possibly game saves). i know with th amount of games i have played it could go up and down a couple flights of stairs and switch via usb drive at least a couple times. downlaoding a gamertag gets longer as you get more achievements and such. get a usb drive ad save our tag to the usb and just switch that way.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't
#9Super CreaturesPosted 3/26/2013 5:26:19 PM
You haven't had to download your profile when you switch consoles for at least a year and a half.

Since at least the 2011 Winter system update, you have been allowed to keep your profile on multiple consoles.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10TBD2009Posted 3/26/2013 5:27:28 PM
Thankfully, the whole "jumping between two or more Xboxs" process has become far easier. You only need to download your profile onto the second Xbox 360 ~once~, now, and it saves your profile. That's it. No fancy extra steps. No long re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-redownloads of the profile. Just download it once, and then you're golden.

I have three consoles that I bounce between, and the ~only~ "issue" I have to put up with, is a little popup that appears when I switch consoles warning me that "Your Gamer Tag was signed on to another console". That's it.

If you use the Cloud for your save data, you should be alright (since it syncs up between consoles), but I prefer to use jump drives since I detest having to re-download games, and wait for them to download... this way, I just copy the game over to the jump drive, and then copy it over to the other Xboxs.

Some users have claimed that the Cloud "buggers up" their saves... I've not encountered this, but I don't use the Cloud for more than a temporary save backup, so I can't be sure it's not actually damaging save files. So you might want to consider alternative means for backing up your saves.