This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you currently pay and subscribe to a Gaming Magazine?

#11RineN1Posted 3/26/2013 2:14:19 PM
Not gaming specifically, but i get some anime ones that also review games so... 50-50
---
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: BioShock: Infinite(360) Playing: RE 6(360) Dead Space 3(360) Watching: Another
#12Deathx113Posted 3/26/2013 2:32:47 PM
GGearX posted...
No point. I just look up joystiq or any other gaming news. Besides. Magazines are useless now. They are a thing of the past.

They make for excellent reading material during a good dump.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#13nothingbeastPosted 3/26/2013 2:33:47 PM
Deathx113 posted...
They make for excellent reading material during a good dump.

Now that instruction manuals don't exist...
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#14GGearXPosted 3/26/2013 2:35:39 PM
RineN1 posted...
Not gaming specifically, but i get some anime ones that also review games so... 50-50

Anime? Are you talking about shonen jump? I havent seen one of those in years. I thought they went away.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#15SheepinatorPosted 3/26/2013 2:36:01 PM
I used to get Edge and Game Informer but since I stopped reading them, no particular reason I just wasn't finding the time for them, I didn't re-up the subs.

Edge has a lot of good articles but it's also expensive to get in the US, like close to $100/yr for a sub. Game Informer is good value and I like it too. I'll re-up some time later.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#16OverburdenedPosted 3/26/2013 2:47:43 PM
I buy one sometimes, like one every three months, nice to have a read every now and again. They're expensive though, 5+, nice for a treat.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#17necro00Posted 3/26/2013 2:58:33 PM
SavageDonzilla posted...
Bull77 posted...
necro00 posted...
I get Gameinformer for being a GS Power up member or whatever its called

^ This

I don't shop at GS much anymore but I like the nostalgia feel of checking the mail and having a paper magazine waiting for me each month. I'm okay paying $15 a year for a mag with a $6.99+ per price tag.

Ya I love getting the magazine in the mail
#18LapanuiPosted 3/26/2013 3:05:03 PM
Not at the moment. I used to be subscribed to Game Developer Magazine. It's good to learn something new about programming, modelling and such, considering I want to get into the industry.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#19The Top CrusaderPosted 3/26/2013 3:11:25 PM
I only subscribe to Game Informer now. I don't shop at Gamestop that often, but figure for the occasional used game I pick up there and the magazine its worth $15 a year to be a Power Up Reward member or whatever its called.

I used to subscribe to EGM until it died. And Nintendo Power back in the late 80's. >_> I'd occasionally pick up a Nintendo Power if I heard it had something interesting in it or a good cover story, but mostly just if it was one with a big section about old Nintendo or SNES things, that they would do occasionally. I dunno, there is that part of my childhood that makes me want to keep cheering Nintendo on but I don't really care for much they do currently...

But yeah, magazines are definitely dying out, but I still like to have physical media. Obviously news breaks faster online but occasionally there will be something in Game Informer that for whatever reason I hadn't heard about yet via the internet.
---
----
-----