This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you currently pay and subscribe to a Gaming Magazine?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you currently pay and subscribe to a Gaming Magazine?

User Info: RineN1

RineN1
3 years ago#11
Not gaming specifically, but i get some anime ones that also review games so... 50-50
GT: RineN1. State you are from here before adding!
Waiting for: BioShock: Infinite(360) Playing: RE 6(360) Dead Space 3(360) Watching: Another

User Info: Deathx113

Deathx113
3 years ago#12
GGearX posted...
No point. I just look up joystiq or any other gaming news. Besides. Magazines are useless now. They are a thing of the past.

They make for excellent reading material during a good dump.
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113

User Info: nothingbeast

nothingbeast
3 years ago#13
Deathx113 posted...
They make for excellent reading material during a good dump.

Now that instruction manuals don't exist...
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.

User Info: GGearX

GGearX
3 years ago#14
RineN1 posted...
Not gaming specifically, but i get some anime ones that also review games so... 50-50

Anime? Are you talking about shonen jump? I havent seen one of those in years. I thought they went away.
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *

User Info: Sheepinator

Sheepinator
3 years ago#15
I used to get Edge and Game Informer but since I stopped reading them, no particular reason I just wasn't finding the time for them, I didn't re-up the subs.

Edge has a lot of good articles but it's also expensive to get in the US, like close to $100/yr for a sub. Game Informer is good value and I like it too. I'll re-up some time later.
My mad face and my happy face are the same.

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 years ago#16
I buy one sometimes, like one every three months, nice to have a read every now and again. They're expensive though, 5+, nice for a treat.
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._

User Info: necro00

necro00
3 years ago#17
SavageDonzilla posted...
Bull77 posted...
necro00 posted...
I get Gameinformer for being a GS Power up member or whatever its called

^ This

I don't shop at GS much anymore but I like the nostalgia feel of checking the mail and having a paper magazine waiting for me each month. I'm okay paying $15 a year for a mag with a $6.99+ per price tag.

Ya I love getting the magazine in the mail

User Info: Lapanui

Lapanui
3 years ago#18
Not at the moment. I used to be subscribed to Game Developer Magazine. It's good to learn something new about programming, modelling and such, considering I want to get into the industry.
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1

User Info: The Top Crusader

The Top Crusader
3 years ago#19
I only subscribe to Game Informer now. I don't shop at Gamestop that often, but figure for the occasional used game I pick up there and the magazine its worth $15 a year to be a Power Up Reward member or whatever its called.

I used to subscribe to EGM until it died. And Nintendo Power back in the late 80's. >_> I'd occasionally pick up a Nintendo Power if I heard it had something interesting in it or a good cover story, but mostly just if it was one with a big section about old Nintendo or SNES things, that they would do occasionally. I dunno, there is that part of my childhood that makes me want to keep cheering Nintendo on but I don't really care for much they do currently...

But yeah, magazines are definitely dying out, but I still like to have physical media. Obviously news breaks faster online but occasionally there will be something in Game Informer that for whatever reason I hadn't heard about yet via the internet.
----
-----
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Do you currently pay and subscribe to a Gaming Magazine?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived