This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Turtle Beach's Dying, Need a New Headset

#11ukokira1Posted 3/26/2013 8:25:47 PM
CaPwnD posted...
I would have thought posting about the Astro's and Trittons would have been an indication...

That's an indication, but if you want the best of the best, it's going to be a little more than that.

I suggest the Astro Mixamp along with the Sennheiser PC360. In fact, since you have the X41 you could actually also use that base unit along with the Mixamp, and have two amps, one for voice and one for the game sound. That's what I do (but with the DSS2 + mixamp).

You would need one additional cable, a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable.

If wireless is not required then aim for this.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#12beginningatlastPosted 3/26/2013 8:59:53 PM
I have the Astro a50's because I was looking for a wireless solution and I've had no technical issues. Great sound in my opinion and they are comfortable which is a huge plus.
#13McNabFish(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 6:03:48 PM
CaPwnD posted...
The thing is though yes, they are above and beyond the best headsets (Astro's) yet while researching them I read so many horror stories of their customer service it really really puts me off them sadly. The only way people have managed to get money back for their faulty products was through the seller (amazon) or Paypal. Not a route I would like to take the trouble with should something go array

Are these people you know or are you watching the pissy forrums?

When I was pissing and moaning in the forums, the staff encouraged me to fill out a ticket and all that.

When I bought my first one, first I bought just the mixamp, then later I bought the A40. They adjustd the pirce so that i would get the bundle price.

I've had nothing but delightful responses from their customer service. I'm not thrilled with the new model mixamp, but it's not too bad and still the best I've seen for the setups that I use.

Amazon had many many poor reviews when I read through. The thing is 300 is a lot to chuck down on something I could get messed about with. Hmm decisions...
---
You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel.