This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when gaming used to be cool?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Remember when gaming used to be cool?
2 years ago#1
Sigh.
2 years ago#2
It's still cool in my gaff, you should come round.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
2 years ago#3
Yes I remember the 70s and 80s.
---
Nintendo is to gaming what Nerf is to sports.
2 years ago#4
Not really.

Gaming was what I did on Friday nights because no one ever told me where the party was. Then Monday morning at school I'd hear about all the fun I missed.

This whole "nerdy is cool" idea is just a big joke perpetuated by merchandisers.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
2 years ago#5
nothingbeast posted...
Not really.

Gaming was what I did on Friday nights because no one ever told me where the party was. Then Monday morning at school I'd hear about all the fun I missed.

This whole "nerdy is cool" idea is just a big joke perpetuated by merchandisers.

Fool, you cray cray! N64 to the Early years of X360, were the Glory days of gaming
2 years ago#6
It was only cool when you were a kid. At least from my experience.
And this whole "lol Im such a nerd " is.... I dont know how to describe it.
But I dont like it... even thought Im wearing hipster glasses right now .
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
2 years ago#7
Jiggysan10 posted...
Fool, you cray cray! N64 to the Early years of X360, were the Glory days of gaming

"Glory days" Is a general term that usually means "years I was a teen".

Gaming is still great, but it's never as good as when you had no adult responsibilities getting in the way.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
2 years ago#8
Touche' on the teenage intrinsic concept--- however, I came from an age where artistic freedom was more widely encouraged! And a time when game companies didn't fear taking chances
2 years ago#9
Kids who went to parties or raves usually end up doing pretty s***** in school. Sure, there are some exceptions, but a lot of the ones I knew dropped out of high school, overdosed on drugs, or majored in under water basket weaving.
---
Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em.
Zoe: Shoot 'em? Mal: Politely.
2 years ago#10
I remember when playing online was cool...
---
100% PC/PS3/360
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Remember when gaming used to be cool?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived