This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Remember when gaming used to be cool?

#31jenekiPosted 3/27/2013 7:34:27 AM
Remember when gaming used to be cool?

I believe that was back in the 50s when Pinball was considered rebellious.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.
#32nothingbeastPosted 3/27/2013 7:43:19 AM
GGearX posted...
Its up to the person if he wants to be made fun of or not.

Oh, look out folks... We got an internet badass here who had a much better High School experience than we did!

Hey it's great you got to be one of those kids who was accepted no matter what they did. Some of us were just labeled targets no matter how much or little we cared.

For instance... I was a little overweight but I wasn't even CLOSE to being the fattest kid in school. But I got the title of Fat Ass because the kid who was the fattest was in with the popular group.

High School, as in most things in life, is all about who you know.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#33GGearXPosted 3/27/2013 7:56:31 AM
nothingbeast posted...
GGearX posted...
Its up to the person if he wants to be made fun of or not.

Oh, look out folks... We got an internet badass here who had a much better High School experience than we did!

Hey it's great you got to be one of those kids who was accepted no matter what they did. Some of us were just labeled targets no matter how much or little we cared.

For instance... I was a little overweight but I wasn't even CLOSE to being the fattest kid in school. But I got the title of Fat Ass because the kid who was the fattest was in with the popular group.

High School, as in most things in life, is all about who you know.

Dont dismiss me just because you are older than me. I might be younger but I had friends. I even had some who just did a 180 and hated me because I wasn't "cool". I've been bullied before, not sure if that's what you meant. But I quickly took care of that. I've seen people bullied and in the end its their fault. You want respect you earn it. You dont just get it out of nowhere and all of a sudden you are "the cool guy" . I know for sure that the more friends you have, the more people will hate you. Also I never said I was a badass., but thanks for the compliment.
Pardon my grammar, phone is a mess.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#34nothingbeastPosted 3/27/2013 8:09:33 AM
GGearX posted...
Dont dismiss me just because you are older than me. I might be younger but I had friends.

I don't even have a clue where the hell you got that. Never mentioned age at all. For all I know, you're anywhere between 13 and 100.

You want respect you earn it. You dont just get it out of nowhere and all of a sudden you are "the cool guy" .

At one point I realized I didn't give a crap what the backwoods mouthbreathers at my school thought of me. That improved my experience a bit, but that doesn't mean it cancels them trying to make your life hell.

All i'm getting at is some kids are just accepted and can do whatever they want without being ridiculed. (gaming, DnD, or any level of "nerd" activities)

Other people can't do anything without being a target. Including trying to improve their situation.

It's just the way High School is. You're a target or you're not and there's not much you can do to change it. How you handle it is all up to you, but that's about all the control you have.

From what you've typed, it sounds like you were one of the "accepted". I wasn't.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#35GGearXPosted 3/27/2013 8:30:43 AM
nothingbeast posted...
GGearX posted...
Dont dismiss me just because you are older than me. I might be younger but I had friends.

I don't even have a clue where the hell you got that. Never mentioned age at all. For all I know, you're anywhere between 13 and 100.

You want respect you earn it. You dont just get it out of nowhere and all of a sudden you are "the cool guy" .

At one point I realized I didn't give a crap what the backwoods mouthbreathers at my school thought of me. That improved my experience a bit, but that doesn't mean it cancels them trying to make your life hell.

All i'm getting at is some kids are just accepted and can do whatever they want without being ridiculed. (gaming, DnD, or any level of "nerd" activities)

Other people can't do anything without being a target. Including trying to improve their situation.

It's just the way High School is. You're a target or you're not and there's not much you can do to change it. How you handle it is all up to you, but that's about all the control you have.

From what you've typed, it sounds like you were one of the "accepted". I wasn't.

No. I wasn't "accepted". I was understood. I had people make fun of me the beginning and I just told them. "come over and play, you will see why I love them so much. " next thing you know I have friends who played nothing but football, come over to my place and play SSBM, legend of zelda, viewtiful joe, etc. And then they got into gaming. There are winners and losers, everyone starts out a loser :P its up to you if you want to be a winner or not, sadly most people think that its other peoples fault they are ridiculed. I realized very early that people in middle school like to be "cool" and that highschoolers like to be "mature". Also don't beat yourself up over something that happened back then. No regrets!
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#36nothingbeastPosted 3/27/2013 8:40:42 AM
GGearX posted...
No. I wasn't "accepted". I was understood. I had people make fun of me the beginning and I just told them. "come over and play, you will see why I love them so much. " next thing you know I have friends who played nothing but football, come over to my place and play SSBM, legend of zelda, viewtiful joe, etc. And then they got into gaming. There are winners and losers, everyone starts out a loser :P its up to you if you want to be a winner or not, sadly most people think that its other peoples fault they are ridiculed. I realized very early that people in middle school like to be "cool" and that highschoolers like to be "mature". Also don't beat yourself up over something that happened back then. No regrets!

Hey, I get what you're saying.

I'm just saying not everyone has the same experience. I watched plenty of people try very hard to better their situation only to have nothing change. Others simply cut their hair differently and got accepted.

The only regret I have about High School was taking so long to learn I don't give a **** what anyone else thought of me.

But again... that doesn't necessarily improve things. Some people just want to make your life hell, and nothing you do will make it better.
---
#37Jiggysan10(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 9:51:38 AM
Wow has this topic evolved ~~` There's some heartfelt scripts here. Group hug every1, in the name of Quality long-lasting games!
#38BlueJester007Posted 3/27/2013 10:02:01 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
Kids who went to parties or raves usually end up doing pretty s***** in school. Sure, there are some exceptions, but a lot of the ones I knew dropped out of high school, overdosed on drugs, or majored in under water basket weaving.

lol I dropped out twice, went back twice and finally got my diploma. Not too long after that I OD'ed on EX and ended up in the hospital. I was also rarely single in my mid to late teens. Oh, did I mention that loved playing videogames at the time as well? Your logic is bad.

BlueJester007 posted...
Sure, there are some exceptions

---
Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em.
Zoe: Shoot 'em? Mal: Politely.
#39XenobowPosted 3/27/2013 10:06:58 AM
Yes.