This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The days of single player are over....

#1PLCDPosted 3/26/2013 2:28:24 PM
All the best selling games are mutliplayer focused. The single player adventure is now only for the dregs of the gaming community. Single player titles wont be able to hack it next gen. Everyone wants a game they can play with friends and play competitively That's why your call of duty's, Halo, Gears, Madden, NBA 2K, etc. smash the Uncharted's, Tomb Raider, Witcher, Deus Ex, etc.

If you enjoy single player, solitary experiences, you are now a fossil and will be passed over very soon.

Good day,
---
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
#2glassghost0Posted 3/26/2013 2:29:16 PM
Bioshock Infinite says hi
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3SunDevil77Posted 3/26/2013 2:31:03 PM
Hahah Bioshock just came out today.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#4DoukouPosted 3/26/2013 2:32:29 PM
Sport games usually sell because of their singleplayer.
---
Don't read this sig.
#5BlueJester007Posted 3/26/2013 2:33:58 PM(edited)
Then that will grow repetitive and the industry will either go back to single player or develop a new game mode. The latter is more likely.
---
Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em.
Zoe: Shoot 'em? Mal: Politely.
#6ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 3/26/2013 2:35:45 PM
fallout and skyrim say hi
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#7knightimexPosted 3/26/2013 3:18:16 PM
Single player won't ever leave.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#8takidigits2005Posted 3/26/2013 3:20:30 PM
PLCD posted...
All the best selling games are mutliplayer focused. The single player adventure is now only for the dregs of the gaming community. Single player titles wont be able to hack it next gen. Everyone wants a game they can play with friends and play competitively That's why your call of duty's, Halo, Gears, Madden, NBA 2K, etc. smash the Uncharted's, Tomb Raider, Witcher, Deus Ex, etc.

If you enjoy single player, solitary experiences, you are now a fossil and will be passed over very soon.

Good day,

Weak. Try again.
---
"I don't hate you for having an opinion. It's just that your opinion is irrelevant to my enjoyment of the game."
#9bigphil2003Posted 3/26/2013 3:29:13 PM
I spend 95% of my gaming time in single player, but he's right you know
---
Rest In Peace Stretch - We miss you homie
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 3/26/2013 3:33:13 PM
bigphil2003 posted...
I spend 95% of my gaming time in single player, but he's right you know

Nope.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF