This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox360 gaming this year

#1Zarack5714Posted 3/27/2013 6:45:10 AM
It's been years sense I posted anything on gamefaqs but hey why not start now?

So, many moons ago I was addicted to my Atari2600 all the way up to my PS2/Xbox/GC. Right about that time, this game on the PC came out. World of Warcraft. It grabbed me and loved on me and kept me around way to long.

By the time I got away from the dreaded wow machine, I was hooked on PC gaming and have been takin that road ever sense. Don't get me wrong. I've played pretty much every major release of the last 8 years but its been on PC, with a KB and M in an uncomfortable chair hunched halfway over fighting the pain for 3-4 hours at a time.

The time has come. Im going back to consoles. I suppose its a terrible time to do this though sense the life cycle of the current consoles are most likely coming to an end shortly.

I wasn't to sure about which to choose. PS3 or Xbox (Sorry Wii/u)? Mostly because of price issues I am going to choose Xbox. 100 bucks gets my foot in the door? Im on it.

Before I end up wall of texting, I better try to get the info I was looking for!

~~~~~~
Games. Marvelous games. I need recommendations.
Like I said, I have played... all of them most likely at one point or another, but thats not important because the experience was skewed with uncomfortableness.

Some games I have enjoyed alot lately -
Dishonored
Xcom
BL/BL2
Skyrim/mods
All horror games from Dead Space 3 to Alone in the Dark.

Anyone got some recomendations?

Also, not really into the online multiplayer anymore (PC burn out with MMOs and FPS).
---
watchtheguild.com
Watch it, its funny? Oh and hot red-head!
#2pothocketPosted 3/27/2013 6:47:03 AM
Try the Batman Arkham games.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3Zarack5714(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 6:50:57 AM
I finished BAA and was dying to play BAC... somehow I forgot about it over the last few months! So thanks for the recommendation. You can get it new pretty cheap now right? It might have been BAA I saw for 10 bucks. Would be worth it though Im sure.

If I get the 4gig HD version will that be enough to house any DLC on the HDD?
And one more HD question - I have a 2tb external that I use to transport media from house to house. Will I be able to use it on my xbox? USB3.0?
---
watchtheguild.com
#4nothingbeastPosted 3/27/2013 6:57:13 AM
I've always enjoyed the Dead Rising games.

True there is co-op in the later games, but it's not mandatory.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#5Zarack5714(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:03:48 AM
Dead rising is a franchise I havent delved into yet.
From my understanding its like.. an objectives game thats enforced with a timer?
So whats the jist of those games? Roll around saving people trapped in mall stores from zombies?

Another tidbit, I love micromanagement in games (Xcom! FFT! Disgea! NVN1/2) The more stats that I can alter the better =)
---
watchtheguild.com
#6SheepinatorPosted 3/27/2013 7:08:17 AM
TC, if you're mentioning the $99 360 deal you know it ends up costing a lot more than that, right? And it gives you Live Gold for two years, which you say you don't need.

In your shoes, a key choice for me would be whether you need a Blu-Ray player. If so, PS3 is probably your best option. Sounds like you enjoy strategy games and it has Valkyria Chronicles.

Otherwise, I'd suggest this list and work your way down until you see something you like, click on the game and check the reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xbox360/metascore?view=condensed
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7Zarack5714(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:28:04 AM
Sheepinator posted...
TC, if you're mentioning the $99 360 deal you know it ends up costing a lot more than that, right? And it gives you Live Gold for two years, which you say you don't need.

In your shoes, a key choice for me would be whether you need a Blu-Ray player. If so, PS3 is probably your best option. Sounds like you enjoy strategy games and it has Valkyria Chronicles.

Otherwise, I'd suggest this list and work your way down until you see something you like, click on the game and check the reviews.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/xbox360/metascore?view=condensed

First thing that caught my eye was Red Dead Redemption. Something I couldnt play on PC anyhow.

I do like strat games (not a fan of AoE/Dota/Civ style games though). The truth is, Im not picky. I love RPG, Action/adventure/sports/horror/ point and click/FPS/etc. Immersion and atmosphere really pull me in.

I dont really need a blu ray player atm. I suppose I will just stick to the Xbox360.

Whats a good average size of a game from the arcade? 1-2 gigs?
---
watchtheguild.com
#8nothingbeastPosted 3/27/2013 8:04:30 AM
Zarack5714 posted...
Dead rising is a franchise I havent delved into yet.
From my understanding its like.. an objectives game thats enforced with a timer?
So whats the jist of those games? Roll around saving people trapped in mall stores from zombies?

The first DR had you as a journalist stuck in a mall filled with zombies and your ride was coming to pick you up in 3 days.

You didn't have "objectives" exactly. You would get calls about people trapped in certain areas that needed help. The game was STRICT on time management, but that's what made it fun. Along the way you had clues you had to uncover to reveil the story. If you failed any of these, you failed exposing the story.... but the game continued to the end of the 3 days and you got an ending depending on how well you did.

It definitely had some issues, but it was a great game.

Survivor AI was pretty dumb but it was possible to save everyone.

People didn't like the clock because they wanted to screw around. You get 6 hours... if that's not enough "screw around" time, I don't know what to tell you.

People didn't like that there wasn't auto-save. Some said there wasn't enough save points (bathrooms) but there's plenty of them in every area of the mall as well as one in the safe house.

Most people hated how your character was pretty pathetic at the beginning. But whatever XP you got, you carried over to future runthroughs of the game.

DR2- most people complain that it didn't have Frank West from the first game. Series started getting a bit silly here.

DR2:Off the Record- Very ridiculous "alternate reality" game where we find out what would have happened if Frank West was in DR2.

Also, the DLC Case Zero and Case West are fun for what they are.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#9SonyHoundDawgPosted 3/27/2013 8:11:00 AM(edited)
TC,

Not sure exactly what you played on PC or what Geners you like, but I would go for:

Mass Effect Trilogy
Gears of War Trilogy
Halo Anniversay
Halo Reach
Halo ODST
Halo 3, 4
Forza 4
Grid
Resident Evil 5, 6
Dead Rising
Crackdown
Kameo