This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Skullgirls Fundraiser (3 Free DLC characters unlocked)

#1imsalingawayPosted 3/27/2013 7:23:26 AM
So, for the next forty hours or so there'll be finishing up a fundraiser for Skullgirls. Obviously. If you like fighting games this might be right up your alley.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/keep-skullgirls-growing

They've already raised the money for three DLC characters, a zombie character named Squigly, a huge dude named Big Band, and a third fan voted character from a potential roster, all of whom will be released on all platforms free for three months. (Big Band is also going to be the game's first male character.) Each character has a stage, and two more additional bonus stages have also been unlocked, bringing the total of free extra stages to 5. (not to mention the voice packs we'll be getting as well) One more fan-voted character at $825k is possible if people donate enough, though that looks like it's probably not going to get that far. There's also some other goodies you can get for donating, like a steam key for when the game comes out on PC (and access to the beta), the game's OST and other digital stuff.

Right now they're at $702,487 after a little under one month. If you're interested in being able to vote for the third character, then drop a dollar and you could also have a hand in deciding which character will get in next.

Here's a list of the possible fan-voted characters, if anyone is interested.
http://www.labzerogames.com/3rdcharacter/

Oh, and they just announced the other day that if we hit $725k, then Robo-Fortune will be upgraded from a voice pack to a fully playable character that will be separate and play different than Mrs. Fortune. So it looks like 4 characters are likely.
#2TheBlueStigPosted 3/27/2013 7:25:15 AM
No.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3OMG_AIDSPosted 3/27/2013 7:49:57 AM
Gave $15 the first day this went up. I'm glad to see it got such a large amount of funding.

Now Internet, lets vote Venus Lovelace as the mystery character.
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#4imsalingaway(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 8:27:40 AM
OMG_AIDS posted...
Gave $15 the first day this went up. I'm glad to see it got such a large amount of funding.

Now Internet, lets vote Venus Lovelace as the mystery character.

She's in my top three for sure,

Scythana
Molly
Venus
#5imsalingaway(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:47:06 PM
There's a little over three hours left.

If anyone was thinking about donating, even $1 to get a vote, now would be the time to do so.

We just passed $780k, and the next mystery character is at $825k. I can't believe we might actually get that far.

We are now up to four free characters, six stages, and a bunch of voice packs. This has been an incredible drive to say the least.
#6sight094Posted 3/27/2013 7:51:34 PM
will microsoft even allow those chars to be free? last i checked they have a thing against free dlc?
#7SSJGrimReaperPosted 3/27/2013 7:58:55 PM
will microsoft even allow those chars to be free? last i checked they have a thing against free dlc?

There has been free DLC for games before, just recently the newest Gears of War game has a free DLC coming out next week.
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg5w7rYT3pM&t=2m34s
#8Super CreaturesPosted 3/27/2013 8:19:24 PM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
There has been free DLC for games before, just recently the newest Gears of War game has a free DLC coming out next week.

Not to mention all the free ME3 DLC, the two free map packs for Gears 1, three costume packs for Tomb Raider: Underworld, a costume pack for Kameo (which is even a Microsoft Game Studios published/Rare developed game), and a number of other free DLC.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9Stray_ZeroPosted 3/27/2013 9:41:44 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
No.

Yes! :3
---
"The Alternate Truth is yet to be Found" - XBL/PSN/YT/TW: NeoStrayCat (=^_^=)
#10imsalingaway(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 9:43:52 PM
One hour remaining. We're almost at $800k.

So close!