This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BK: Nuts and Bolts...

#1fiasco86Posted 3/27/2013 9:36:18 PM
...is the same price on the Xbox Marketplace as BK and BT. I find that a little telling.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I haven't yet played N&B.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#2Matt_Man_2004Posted 3/27/2013 9:38:09 PM
It's very good, but a very different game to the first two.
#3MasturCheeffPosted 3/27/2013 9:41:45 PM
The game itself is very good but it's not very popular mostly because it's not BK/BT style.
---
I r guy.
#4fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 9:43:43 PM
MasturCheeff posted...
The game itself is very good but it's not very popular mostly because it's not BK/BT style.

Yeah, that's what I've heard/read. I wish publishers wouldn't brand something with a popular name just to make sales when it really is a different game.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#5rusty12000Posted 3/27/2013 9:48:25 PM
its sad how meh K&B was why couldnt you just stick to the format DD::
---
http://openmedia.ca/meter -- Put a stop to Big internet companies trying to put a cap on bandwidth in Canada!!!!
#6TheRobPosted 3/27/2013 10:22:45 PM
Personally, I thought Nuts & Bolts was better than the first and second BK.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#7Arucard05Posted 3/27/2013 10:29:59 PM

It's a far better game. BK and BT are good Mario 64 clones, but N&B dares to be something different, and it works. It's just a shame that in this industry "different" is bad.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#8CyricsServantPosted 3/28/2013 4:21:21 AM
Arucard05 posted...

It's a far better game. BK and BT are good Mario 64 clones, but N&B dares to be something different, and it works. It's just a shame that in this industry "different" is bad.

I've never been a BK fan and I have yet to give N&B a try.

That being said, in fairness, if you want to try something new make a new IP instead of trying to sucker in fans of an existing series.

BK: N&B, Syndicate, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, Starfox Adventures, etc. . . . it seems like most games that try to ride on the coattails of an existing series, but aren't even in the same genre, tend to be reviled or dismissed by fans. And I don't know if fans are wrong for doing that.

For example, I thought Syndicate was pretty good, but I don't blame anyone for not buying it.
#9RPG_ApostlePosted 3/28/2013 4:24:59 AM
CyricsServant posted...
Arucard05 posted...

I've never been a BK fan and I have yet to give N&B a try.

That being said, in fairness, if you want to try something new make a new IP instead of trying to sucker in fans of an existing series.

BK: N&B, Syndicate, Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom, Starfox Adventures, etc. . . . it seems like most games that try to ride on the coattails of an existing series, but aren't even in the same genre, tend to be reviled or dismissed by fans. And I don't know if fans are wrong for doing that.

For example, I thought Syndicate was pretty good, but I don't blame anyone for not buying it.

Don't listen to Arucard, he thinks Dragon Age 2 is the greatest sequel ever.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#10Arucard05Posted 3/28/2013 4:39:35 AM

Sometimes it's simply a spin off. Starfox Adventures is very clearly not Starfox 4 or whatever, and Nuts & Bolts isn't called Banjo Threeie (or whatever stupid name they would have gone with). Though in N&B's case, I think it's less of a genre swap than most fans are willing to admit. The goals are largely the same, you simply have more freedom in how you pursue them.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.