This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

BK: Nuts and Bolts...

#11stapler87Posted 3/28/2013 4:02:08 AM
Arucard05 posted...
and Nuts & Bolts isn't called Banjo Threeie (or whatever stupid name they would have gone with). Though in N&B's case, I think it's less of a genre swap than most fans are willing to admit. The goals are largely the same, you simply have more freedom in how you pursue them.

I've gotta agree with this. I loved both Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, but I also enjoyed Nuts and Bolts. Granted, the gameplay is obviously different... but it still has that same Banjo-Kazooie "spirit" that hooked me on the first two.

I think most of us would have loved to see a "Banjo-Threeie," but you shouldn't let that prevent you from playing one of the must original games this gen.

Give it a try. If you don't like it, fine. But at least give it a shot.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin
#12SunDevil77Posted 3/28/2013 4:50:40 AM
fiasco86 posted...
...is the same price on the Xbox Marketplace as BK and BT. I find that a little telling.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I haven't yet played N&B.

Yeah, I find it telling you that you're getting a great deal. It's better than any Banjo game. A true, unique, and imaginative game, which is rare these days.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#13creep50Posted 3/28/2013 5:01:07 AM
it dosnt even compare to kazooie and tooie the game overall is pretty terrible...the animation is just strange

i am not usually a big fan of this guy but i think he pretty much sums it up:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l69BP1uhlMs
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#14ponderingcowPosted 3/28/2013 5:28:42 AM
Nuts and Bolts is very bad, it is nothing like any banjo kazooie game and has the worst driving mechanics ever

Glad I played a friends copy and didn't buy that
#15SheepinatorPosted 3/28/2013 5:43:08 AM
I didn't think N&B was a particularly good game. Not just because it wasn't what I was expecting (or wanting), but also because for a game based around physics I found it wanting. The game makes it so user friendly for almost anything to work, that once you have a decent bike/car/heli there's no incentive to make any more, unless you're really into that aspect of the game, which I know some people do love that sort of thing.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#16RPG_ApostlePosted 3/28/2013 5:43:14 AM
ponderingcow posted...
Nuts and Bolts is very bad, it is nothing like any banjo kazooie game and has the worst driving mechanics ever

Worst driving mechanics ever?

You, sir, are a filthy liar.

I give you: Deadly Premonition.

CASE CLOSED, SIR!
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#17headwounds13Posted 3/28/2013 5:47:08 AM
ponderingcow posted...

CASE CLOSED, SIR!

Still better than Mafia.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/headcase.html
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#18SunDevil77Posted 3/28/2013 5:59:16 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
ponderingcow posted...

CASE CLOSED, SIR!

As much as I love The Saboteur, the driving was impossible for me to enjoy.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#19fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:11:22 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
fiasco86 posted...
...is the same price on the Xbox Marketplace as BK and BT. I find that a little telling.

Yeah, I find it telling you that you're getting a great deal. It's better than any Banjo game. A true, unique, and imaginative game, which is rare these days.

I believe that N&B is a good game. I do not believe it is better than BK and BT. I've played the demo, and I certainly didn't get that vibe. Granted, I haven't played the whole thing, but the general opinion of the interwebs seems to be the same.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#20lostnumberwarPosted 3/28/2013 6:18:18 AM
fiasco86 posted...

Then play it and make your own judgement.
Here. free demo.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Banjo-Kazooie-N-B-Demo/00000000-0000-400d-80df-00014d5388aa

Now come back when you have an opinion about the game and not the price.
The price tells no-one nothing about anything.
---
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.