This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

are you an achievement w****?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. are you an achievement w****?

User Info: magemaximus

magemaximus
3 years ago#1
are you an achievement whore? - Results (133 votes)
yes
21.8% (29 votes)
no
19.55% (26 votes)
wasn't before, but now I am
3.76% (5 votes)
used to be
13.53% (18 votes)
depends on the game
24.06% (32 votes)
kinda
17.29% (23 votes)
This poll is now closed.
used to be for me
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~

User Info: Walkman_005

Walkman_005
3 years ago#2
It depends on how much I like the game and what type it is.

For example I loved The Last Remnant and Assassins Creed. To stretch the game out as much as possible I 1000/1000 both of them.

On the other hand I love Dark Souls and through multiple playthroughs have never cared to get the achievements.

User Info: BrutalBrocken

BrutalBrocken
3 years ago#3
I used to be, but I got bored of it around 80,000. I still look at the achievements when I play a game, but I wont go to far outof my way to get them unless I really love the game
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken

User Info: tehjoey9170

tehjoey9170
3 years ago#4
Used to be but not anymore. I still though try to at least get half a games achievement list.
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Joey9170.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/red/Joey9170.jpg

User Info: Sqawks

Sqawks
3 years ago#5
I am, but there is a line that can only be stretched so far before I say F it. One such example is Gears of War Judgment's Superstar achievement. 3 stars on all declassified missions on insane. I'm capping it at 950 plus whatever else is added in as DLC. Some are reasonably challenging, but a few are just downright infuriating. I don't want to break a controller over a stupid number.
The official Howard the Duck of the MvC3 board!

User Info: SeahorseCpt89

SeahorseCpt89
3 years ago#6
I try to get as many as I can, but I don't try all that hard to get the REALLY difficult ones.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

User Info: SS_MetalSonic

SS_MetalSonic
3 years ago#7
I vote no. I only have 23,355gs i dont try to do any of the extras to get achievements outside of just completing a game. This spring and summer i plan to finish most of my games i have backlogged and that will make my gamerscore triple lol. Then i might become one after that!
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider

User Info: IamBobNewbie

IamBobNewbie
3 years ago#8
Kind of. I don't buy games solely for them (never played Avatar, never will). I usually do my first run through of a game just for fun, then come back to it later when I've got nothing else to play to do some achievement hunting. So I will go out of my way for them, as I like to 100% games just to prove to myself that I can (for example: Sneak King; the ultimate test of willpower right there).
http://www.youtube.com/atomictoast15
GT - AtomicToast15

User Info: GuideToTheDark

GuideToTheDark
3 years ago#9
Grinding for the 25k score discount, but otherwise I only care if it's a worthy achievement, or I'll just do it if it's an easy thing to complete. Stuff like 10 wins in a row on sf4 is worthwhile.
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.

User Info: LinkIsAboss77

LinkIsAboss77
3 years ago#10
Only if I love the game and the achievements aren't time consuming or beyond my gaming abilities lol
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. are you an achievement w****?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived