This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not including online play, which of the 3 core Gears of War Games are the best?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Not including online play, which of the 3 core Gears of War Games are the best?

User Info: LiqiudusSnake

LiqiudusSnake
3 years ago#1
Best Gears of War - Offline - Results (38 votes)
Gears 1
23.68% (9 votes)
Gears 2
34.21% (13 votes)
Gears 3
42.11% (16 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Wondering everyone's opinions. I'm not including online multiplayer aspects for this poll because that always ruins everyone views on the matter. Offline Co-op and Bot play is ok to consider for the sake of the poll.
This Signature can only be viewed by a Gamefaqs Gold member, upgrade to Gold to view this Signature.

User Info: mjc0961

mjc0961
3 years ago#2
Gears 3 solely because of the option to fix the controls so that everything isn't mapped to the A button anymore.
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.

User Info: That1Guyy

That1Guyy
3 years ago#3
I didn't much care for Horde, but in terms of the campaign, 2 > 3 >> 1.

Honestly, the first isn't even worth playing through more than once with how good of an improvement 2 was, and 3 wasn't bad, but I felt 2 was the better experience in terms of gameplay. The levels flowed better to me.
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.

User Info: Nemerlight

Nemerlight
3 years ago#4
2 for single player and 3 for online.
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.

User Info: Splice_

Splice_
3 years ago#5
2 was one of the worst campaigns I've ever played. 3 was markedly better.

User Info: GuideToTheDark

GuideToTheDark
3 years ago#6
3 is solid, polished gameplay.

I don't care about the campaigns or story at all, but the multiplayer is a well-oiled machine.
Before all else you must build muscle. Then you must become hero to children everywhere.

User Info: este914

este914
3 years ago#7
Judgment is better then any of the first 3 IMO
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !

User Info: bladegash666

bladegash666
3 years ago#8
Gears 1 because it has the best pacing. Dat kryllstorm , dat last level , dat theron guard encounter.

Gears 2 and 3?

Skorge , being in an underground lair for 10 damn hours , dumbed down theron guards , and looking for fuel for nearly half the ****ing game.

The fish and worm sections were nice though.
"I was wrong about you ; you are like us after all. But now you're just being NASTY!"

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#9
Easily Gears 3. Best story, best music, best visuals, best horde mode, best gameplay of the first 3.

Judgement is tied with 3 for my favorite.
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Not including online play, which of the 3 core Gears of War Games are the best?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived