This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think about Reburbished Consoles?

#11Killah PriestPosted 3/29/2013 5:46:05 AM
I refuse to buy anything used.

That includes cars and houses.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#12djwagonPosted 3/29/2013 6:24:59 AM
Killah Priest posted...

if that is the case is not gamefaqs used.it was only new .when it launched
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#13JoboHotepPosted 3/29/2013 6:29:15 AM
djwagon posted...
Killah Priest posted...

If you <bought> Gamefaqs, you got suckered.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#14rpgianPosted 3/29/2013 6:33:15 AM
New ones fail all the same. Refurb means it has failed and been supposedly fixed so it may have an advantage over new but depends on who did the job and if they new what they were doing. I imagine retail stores do shoddy work but on the flip side the makers sell a shoddy product in the first place so its mostly a speculative position for either choice because they both have equally unpleasant risks.

If you buy refurb and a decent warranty as the ones they come with are short term the price usually doesn't amount to much in savings.

If you buy new do the warranty registration and keep your receipt safe as sadly you will likely need it one day.

If your talking about buying an old gamecube,ps1,snes used from some random its a safe bet. You can kick them and drown them and they will still run.
#15djwagonPosted 3/29/2013 7:06:56 AM
JoboHotep posted...
djwagon posted...
Killah Priest posted...

my post went right over your head.reread it it will come to you
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#16BrutalBrocken(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:46:34 PM
I didn't buy it, calm down
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#17_LordAndSaviorPosted 4/3/2013 12:45:55 AM
I don't trust it personally.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#18BrutalBrocken(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 1:24:48 AM
I just wanted a cheap PSP and a couple games for a long trip. I havent owned a handheld console since the original Gameboy when I was a little kid. So i figured i'd give it a shot.
Gamestop didnt have any in stock, Refurbished, New, or used. Nothing.
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#19JoboHotepPosted 4/3/2013 2:01:15 AM
djwagon posted...
JoboHotep posted...
djwagon posted...
Killah Priest posted...

my post went right over your head.reread it it will come to you

I'm thinking you're the one with no reading comprehension (no clue how punctuation works either).

Let me walk you through it:
Killah stated: "I never buy anything used

You: made some weird tangent about Gamefaqs being used and only "new" when it launched

Me: pointed out the obvious, if you (you being the grammatically challenged one so there is no confusion) bought Gamefaqs, you got suckered (since, you know, there is no purchase or fee when signing up for Gamefaqs).

So no, your post did not "go over my head", you were just trying to be witty, failed miserably, and I went with it.

One more thing: punctuation, learn something about it.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#20JoboHotepPosted 4/3/2013 2:09:11 AM
BrutalBrocken posted...
I just wanted a cheap PSP and a couple games for a long trip. I havent owned a handheld console since the original Gameboy when I was a little kid. So i figured i'd give it a shot.
Gamestop didnt have any in stock, Refurbished, New, or used. Nothing.

The PSP gets a lot of hate, personally, I <love> mine. I've had mine since early 2006, and still use it frequently.

Along with gaming, I use mine for MP3 playback (though if you already have an ipod or something, it's likely better) and occasionally I reformat videos/movies into MPEG4 format so I can watch those on the go as well.

It's not something that can really be talked about on this board, but if you "do certain things" to your PSP, you can <really> open up the capabilities of the system and do all kinds of neat stuff.

If you're considering getting a PSP, I'd go for the PSP 3000 model, and I'd say go for a new one, they're not too expensive now.
---