This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you think about Reburbished Consoles?

#21BrutalBrocken(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 1:26:10 AM
JoboHotep posted...
BrutalBrocken posted...
I just wanted a cheap PSP and a couple games for a long trip. I havent owned a handheld console since the original Gameboy when I was a little kid. So i figured i'd give it a shot.
Gamestop didnt have any in stock, Refurbished, New, or used. Nothing.

The PSP gets a lot of hate, personally, I <love> mine. I've had mine since early 2006, and still use it frequently.

Along with gaming, I use mine for MP3 playback (though if you already have an ipod or something, it's likely better) and occasionally I reformat videos/movies into MPEG4 format so I can watch those on the go as well.

It's not something that can really be talked about on this board, but if you "do certain things" to your PSP, you can <really> open up the capabilities of the system and do all kinds of neat stuff.

If you're considering getting a PSP, I'd go for the PSP 3000 model, and I'd say go for a new one, they're not too expensive now.

I was getting it for FF Crisis Core, Dissidia, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Since they werent released on the PSN store to download. But either way i'll order it soon. Too bad Microsoft wont make a real handheld console
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#22JoboHotepPosted 4/3/2013 1:49:15 AM
BrutalBrocken posted...
I was getting it for FF Crisis Core, Dissidia, and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep. Since they werent released on the PSN store to download. But either way i'll order it soon. Too bad Microsoft wont make a real handheld console

Cool, good choices for games, I don't think you'll be disappointed! Another nice thing about the PSP, if you do a bit of shopping around, you can pick up games for it for next to nothing these days.

For accessories, I'd also recommend:

The extended life battery: Get the official Sony brand one, as I've read getting a knock off from China or wherever can cause potential problems. I believe it's called the Sony 2200Mah or something like it, I'd need to check mine. It's still pretty easy to find in store.

The Logitech Playgear Pocket case: Very sturdy case with a good amount of protection for the PSP. Also good as you can use the PSP while keeping it in the case, as well as having open areas for the headphones jack/shoulder buttons so you can keep the PSP in the case while you are using it as an MP3 player on the go.

A good size memory stick: The PSP uses the "ProDuo" type memory stick, Sandisk makes a good one (as well as being considerably cheaper than the Sony brand). Make sure you buy from a store, or reputable seller, as numerous "fake" sticks are sold on Ebay that may not work properly (or at all). I picked up an 8 gig Sandisk in store for around $20, so they're not too expensive now.

Lastly, a screen protector might be useful. I don't personally use one, since between keeping my PSP in the Playgear Pocket and a microfiber cleaning cloth on top of the screen when not in use has kept my screen in tip top shape. I've heard Hori makes good screen protectors, but you might want to ask others for recommendations, since I have no first hand knowledge.

Hope this info helps, and if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try my best to answer them!
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#23BrutalBrocken(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 2:05:30 AM
JoboHotep posted...
BrutalBrocken posted...

Cool, good choices for games, I don't think you'll be disappointed! Another nice thing about the PSP, if you do a bit of shopping around, you can pick up games for it for next to nothing these days.

For accessories, I'd also recommend:

The extended life battery: Get the official Sony brand one, as I've read getting a knock off from China or wherever can cause potential problems. I believe it's called the Sony 2200Mah or something like it, I'd need to check mine. It's still pretty easy to find in store.

The Logitech Playgear Pocket case: Very sturdy case with a good amount of protection for the PSP. Also good as you can use the PSP while keeping it in the case, as well as having open areas for the headphones jack/shoulder buttons so you can keep the PSP in the case while you are using it as an MP3 player on the go.

A good size memory stick: The PSP uses the "ProDuo" type memory stick, Sandisk makes a good one (as well as being considerably cheaper than the Sony brand). Make sure you buy from a store, or reputable seller, as numerous "fake" sticks are sold on Ebay that may not work properly (or at all). I picked up an 8 gig Sandisk in store for around $20, so they're not too expensive now.

Lastly, a screen protector might be useful. I don't personally use one, since between keeping my PSP in the Playgear Pocket and a microfiber cleaning cloth on top of the screen when not in use has kept my screen in tip top shape. I've heard Hori makes good screen protectors, but you might want to ask others for recommendations, since I have no first hand knowledge.

Hope this info helps, and if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to try my best to answer them!

Cool appreciate it. Im a home console guy but i have to make alot of trips in the next few months, so i'll definently be buying some
---
1 Brocken to rule them all!!
XBOX- Brutal Brocken PS3- BrutalBrocken
#24JoboHotepPosted 4/3/2013 2:40:13 AM
BrutalBrocken posted...
Cool appreciate it. Im a home console guy but i have to make alot of trips in the next few months, so i'll definently be buying some

Glad to help! I originally bought my PSP so I'd have something to game on while I was away from home, but a good amount of the games have hooked me to the extent I've ended up playing it while I was at home as well as when I'm out.

I'm really looking into getting a 3DS as well, as it has quite a few games I'd like to play.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child