This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

List Some "Must Have" Games

#1Gandalf StormcrowPosted 3/29/2013 8:47:06 AM
I am picking up a 360 later today and I need to know what are some of the must have games (new or old) for the system.

I have been an avid gamer for some time but due to work/school/family/etc haven't had time to buy or play games. I owned every console from the previous generation and I enjoy all genre's. Yes, I am late to the party but I'm just looking for a few games to get me started.

Thanks!
---
Boo.
#2homestylesPosted 3/29/2013 8:49:59 AM
Well, can you tell us a little more? What are some games in the past you enjoyed, for instance?
#3protools1983Posted 3/29/2013 8:50:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4nothingbeastPosted 3/29/2013 8:50:53 AM
Dead Rising
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#5SunDevil77Posted 3/29/2013 9:05:10 AM
Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 3, Halo Reach, ODST, and Halo 4
Halo Wars
Gears of War 1-3 and Judgement
Lost Odyssey
Blue Dragon
Banjo Nuts and Bolts
Dust An Elysian Tale
Super Meat Boy
Geometry Wars 2
Trials Evolution
Fable 1-3
Left 4 Dead 2
Forza Horizon

...to name a few
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#6thatsbrutalPosted 3/29/2013 9:11:45 AM
Dragon Age Origins.
---
Currently playing: Rogue Galaxy, Final Fantasy VI, and Vagrant Story
#7Net SharkPosted 3/29/2013 9:18:35 AM
Forza 3, Forza 4, Forza Horizon. I'm not even a big racing fan but I love these. If you like being creative the paint the cars has endless possibility.
---
Andy Reid thought he was going to KFC not KC. :)
#8DelsinRowePosted 3/29/2013 9:18:57 AM
There is no such thing as a must have game. Every single game created has had at least some people dislike it.
---
You are not in control.
#9thatsbrutalPosted 3/29/2013 9:22:46 AM
DelsinRowe posted...
There is no such thing as a must have game. Every single game created has had at least some people dislike it.

Hey, Debbie Downer, I think TC was just asking for our favorites.
---
Currently playing: Rogue Galaxy, Final Fantasy VI, and Vagrant Story
#10Gandalf Stormcrow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:30:21 AM
@homestyles

I'll play pretty much anything. Perhaps you could list 5 of your favorite games that you feel a new 360 owner would enjoy.

@DelsinRowe

This isn't a philosophy discussion; I'm just looking for some opinions on good games and figured everyone would understand the usage of "must have."

Thanks for the suggestions everyone else! :)
---
Boo.