This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best mage combat ever?

#31vigorm0rtisPosted 3/30/2013 12:16:47 PM
Sir_Specter posted...
Probably Kingdoms of Amalur. It was a whole lot more than just sitting there and buffing then tapping a projectile button like how most games do mage combat.

I don't know, by mid-way through the game, Amalur's top-tier spells OHK everything but bosses, so it does become tapping a button. Even bosses can only handle a few spells, tops. I would actually advise against playing a mage in Amalur, even without crafted gear and on the highest difficulty they're too overpowered.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#32BlazingxPaddlesPosted 3/30/2013 12:26:29 PM
Not quite a "Mage" per se, but playing the Sith in KOTOR2 was awesome. Walking into a room and frying everyone with lightning, and literally lifting a person up and grinding their bones was awesome.
#33Merc123Posted 3/30/2013 12:28:57 PM
I am sure i am gonna get flak for this but i did enjoy Mage Combat in DA2. I felt more like a warrior than a mage at times though but it was crazy. I was a fire/ice mage mostly and raining down fireballs and ice cones was crazy.

Mages in DA1 were pretty crazy too. I would spam the high level spells all at once so enemies would be caught in a fire tornado, earthquake and Blizzard. Also Blood Magic was awesome to control enemies.
#34FocianPosted 3/30/2013 12:40:25 PM
The_Great_DB posted...
ChezDispenser posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Two Worlds 2 hands down.

Came in to say this.

Very much this. Was even intending to mention an anvil whirlwind as well, great post stooge.
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.
#35CaseyJonezPosted 3/30/2013 12:42:59 PM
Probably Oblivion. Skyrim and DA are my close seconds. Does Mass Effects' biotic skill count as a mage power? I haven't played Two Worlds 2 so it could very well be better in every way.
---
Signature pending mod approval.
#36Ampharos64Posted 3/30/2013 12:47:23 PM
I usually like playing as a mage in Tales games, especially Abyss with its FoF system.

Of course, certain mages are spectacularly broken:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs93c9KavvU
#37velvet_hammerPosted 3/30/2013 12:54:09 PM
LMAO at any one saying a TES games.. these have terrible gameplay and combat no matter a warrior or mage.. please stop with the funny's..
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#38MaDHatPosted 3/30/2013 1:00:13 PM
Two Worlds 2 by far. You can literally create spells.. it's almost a game in and of itself. I quite like the game too, regardless of what the reviews say. It's a really fun ARPG. Plus the online campaign is completely different. It's kind of glitchy but I can deal with that because of the fun factor.
#39oasisbeyondPosted 3/30/2013 1:00:28 PM
John Madden football
#40MaDHatPosted 3/30/2013 1:02:03 PM
John Madden football

Well when the ambulance drives onto the field, runs over and kills everybody when someone gets injured, then they are suddenly alive and playing again during the next play, I would have to agree with you.