This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So would this work, AC3 related

#1Sandman25251975Posted 3/30/2013 7:41:34 AM
Anyone who downloaded the AC3 with a china account. If you gave your username and password to someone else and they downloaded the profile, could they go into download history and download it themselves again?
---
Spellcheck and grammar are not for me.
#2glassghost0Posted 3/30/2013 7:46:26 AM
only if they were playing with the account that downloaded it
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3Surv1valismPosted 3/30/2013 7:55:54 AM
Yeah, i would work but they could only play it on that name.
---
GT: Astro ZomBz
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#4Sandman25251975(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 8:20:11 AM
I dont think thats true, I have downloaded a game under another profile, deleted the profile and played it on my original profile. So I think you just need the username and password for the game to be on the hard drive..... Anyone want to share one they dont use that they downloaded it with so i can try this theory?
---
#5rttnPosted 3/30/2013 8:28:00 AM
It won't work. The game is licensed to the console it's first downloaded on, that's why your main profile can play it.
If you log in with the china profile in another Xbox, the only way for the other profiles to play is if the china account is either logged in to Live or does a license transfer to the new console
---
GT: rttnCRAFT
I want Skate 4 NOW!!
#6glassghost0Posted 3/30/2013 8:31:29 AM(edited)
Sandman25251975 posted...
I dont think thats true, I have downloaded a game under another profile, deleted the profile and played it on my original profile. So I think you just need the username and password for the game to be on the hard drive..... Anyone want to share one they dont use that they downloaded it with so i can try this theory?

no you haven't, not like you're asking

Any account on your 360, if it downloads something, everyone else on that console can use it, because the profile gets a license for the content and the 360 it was downloaded on gets a license.

If you had the login information for another account and download that account to your 360, only that account can access their download history and they have to be connected to LIve
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#7Gillian SeedPosted 3/30/2013 9:09:59 AM
I'm pretty sure it's exactly like the XBLA drm. When the game is first downloaded to a console any profile can play it on that first console; online or offline. With any other consoles the gamertag that purchased the game must be logged in to Xbox Live for the game to work.

So, the answer to your question is yes, but whenever you play the game you will need to be logged in to Xbox Live with that China account.

Though you might be able to play the game with your gamertag while the China account is simply logged in. You can do that with XBLA games, but I don't know if you can with Games On Demand.
#8Sandman25251975(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:00:03 AM
the accounts on the same console seems right as the other accounts i had were on my console. That explains it. forgot about the licence transfer thing too
---
#9Dragon NexusPosted 3/30/2013 12:18:31 PM
I'm pretty sure it's exactly like the XBLA drm.

All items downloaded or created and stored on the hard drive are given the exact same DRM.
Even installed game files and free downloads contain this DRM.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln