This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate: Mafia II, Asura's Wrath, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

#1KingKilvasPosted 3/30/2013 8:43:02 AM
I've never played the original Mafia or Deus Ex. I can get all these games for under $20, are they worth playing?
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#2glassghost0Posted 3/30/2013 8:45:36 AM
Deus Ex is very good, especially if you're a fan of stealth, although the boss fights are stupid

Mafia 2 was surprisingly well done, it's open world but the world kinda feels dead, mainly just used to get from story mission to story mission, but that's where the game shines, the story and voice acting is done really well.

Oh and the world of Mafia 2 feels very much alive, I just meant that there's really nothing to do gameplay wise

Never played Asura's Wrath
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#3MostlySlowJoePosted 3/30/2013 8:47:53 AM
Deus ex is the best game this genration to me and saboteur is better then M II plus only cost 9 bucks not 20. This is subjective tho so ya.
#4SparkItUpPosted 3/30/2013 8:50:30 AM
only get Mafia II if you can get the complete edition or the collector's...without either it's a waste of money
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#5RPG_ApostlePosted 3/30/2013 9:08:23 AM
Deus Ex

But be warned: Even if you play stealth, carry a big gun and lots of ammo for the boss fights. Because the boss fights are just "shoot it until it's dead".
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#6grimms2Posted 3/30/2013 9:25:55 AM
SparkItUp posted...
only get Mafia II if you can get the complete edition or the collector's...without either it's a waste of money

Just buy the platinum hits version at any best buy or major retailers near you. Comes with all the dlc for $20.
#7glassghost0Posted 3/30/2013 9:29:17 AM
grimms2 posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Just buy the platinum hits version at any best buy or major retailers near you. Comes with all the dlc for $20.

eww, platinum hits
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#8PwnostarPosted 3/30/2013 9:29:19 AM
Mafia II was surprisingly well done. If you liked LA Noire's atmosphere but want to play a game that's more like GTA, Mafia II fits the bill pretty well. My only complaint is that the story didn't seem to progress as much as I would have liked. Without spoiling much, you pretty much go from rags to riches...and then quickly return back to rags. The story is also left on a bit of a cliffhanger. But overall it was a good game.

Asura's Wrath is also really good. If you liked action anime as a kid (Dragon Ball Z, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, etc.) you'll probably love this game. The whole game is one gigantic set piece and just about every level concludes with you fighting deities that are capable of destroying planets. I've always been a fan of anime so I'm not sure if this game is really for everyone, but it's definitely underrated and tons of fun.

Deus Ex is obviously the most well renowned and highest rated of these 3 games. It's a WRPG where you can pretty much play in any style of your choosing. DE:HR has a great story, fun gameplay, and amazing cyberpunk visuals. It was a bit slow at times, but everything else pretty much makes up for it. Also, Deus Ex isn't exactly an easy game as a beginner. The boss fights can be a pain.
---
Disregard women, sell illegal substances, and acquire currency.
#9ThugETHPosted 3/30/2013 9:30:39 AM
DE:HR 8.5
AW 7.5
M2 7
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#10bladegash666Posted 3/30/2013 9:41:31 AM
I haven't finished DE HR or even played Asura's Wrath , but I'll give you the LD on Mafia II.

Solid gameplay , decent but ultimately forgettable story , garbage pacing(the whole "drive here first to start the mission **** got old 3 GTAs ago) , mediocre graphics , no replay value.

There are much better sandbox/open world games out there.
---
"People said, "if you don't like DmC, don't buy it or play it." Why feel blame when you did as you were asked?" - NostalgiaRules