This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate: Mafia II, Asura's Wrath, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

#11KingKilvas(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 8:48:06 AM
Asura's Wrath sounds really good but is it true you have to pay DLC to see the ending?
---
Drink cactus juice! It'll quench ya! Nothin's quenchier! It's the quenchiest!
#12656stoogePosted 3/31/2013 8:54:20 AM
RPG_Apostle posted...
Deus Ex

But be warned: Even if you play stealth, carry a big gun and lots of ammo for the boss fights. Because the boss fights are just "shoot it until it's dead".

I just made sure I had 4 mines on me for when I needed to face a boss. Only takes up one inventory slot.

As for how I'd rate Deus Ex? Well instead of an out of ten system I'll just list it's faults and pros.

Cons:

*Boss fights
*Ending is awful

Pros
*Everything else is amazing

I was worried I wouldn't like Deus Ex, but it's easily one of my favorites this gen. Love the world and characters especially.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#13CyricsServantPosted 3/31/2013 9:05:03 AM
Mafia II - 7/10. Pretty solid game, but the city is dead and there's no fast travel option to get from point A to point B. Travel can be a little mind numbing at times. The story is also only so-so, don't expect to become a mafioso kingpin like in Vice City.

Asura's Wrath - 9/10, 9.5/10 with the Nirvana DLC. It's my GotY for 2012. Fantastic presentation and incredibly fun and memorable boss fights.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 8.5/10. Best game in the series, imo. This has some of the most fun abilities I've ever been exposed to in an RPG. I also love some of the moral dilemmas you're faced with.
#14CyricsServantPosted 3/31/2013 9:07:41 AM
KingKilvas posted...
Asura's Wrath sounds really good but is it true you have to pay DLC to see the ending?

The original ending is fine, but if you unlock the secret/true ending you end up with a cliffhanger. The DLC resolves that cliffhanger.
#15Deathx113Posted 3/31/2013 9:58:16 AM
The lack of Asura's Wrath recommendations are saddening.

The game is an absolute blast if your an anime/story fan. IF you don't like games heavily based on story/action you probably won't like it.

It is kind of like Dragon Ballz, just... faster.

Highly recommend this gem. Yeah, you have to pay for the ending dlc. I think it is $5? And you can get the game for $20, so I mean you're still playing the game for $35 less than the original price.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#16TrugamerPosted 3/31/2013 1:58:01 PM
Mafia 2 is a good play but the "linear" open world is pretty bad , if you think of it as just a straight SP adventure game it's 6.5/10 good.

Deus Ex is a great game but I was not a fan of the cell shaded ish graphics still one of the better SP experiences this gen minus the terrible boss fights. 8.5/10
#17Leo00009643Posted 3/31/2013 1:59:36 PM
Mafia II - 8/10
Asura's Wrath - 6/10
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 8/10
---
PSN: Red_Devil_Blaze
#18SparkItUpPosted 3/31/2013 2:11:09 PM
glassghost0 posted...
grimms2 posted...
SparkItUp posted...
only get Mafia II if you can get the complete edition or the collector's...without either it's a waste of money

Just buy the platinum hits version at any best buy or major retailers near you. Comes with all the dlc for $20.

eww, platinum hits

exactly....but that being said, just get the platinum...download the DLC (it's on disc) and sell it and buy the Collector's (steelbook is worth it...then again, I am a self admitted steelbook addict).
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#19Perfect LightPosted 3/31/2013 2:59:06 PM
Mafia II: 6/10, decent but nothing special
Asura's Wrath: Never played it
Deus Ex Human Revolution: 9.5/10, one of the finest games of the current generation, should be played by everyone
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#20Reel_Big_MikePosted 3/31/2013 5:14:54 PM
Mafia II - 9/10
Asura's Wrath - 4/10
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 7.5/10
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.