This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sell me Terraria.

#1MirageMew2Posted 3/30/2013 10:05:07 AM
I'm interested in it, it looks really good, and the demo was pretty fun. But open games with no goal usually don't last long for me (see: Minecraft), so what can I expect in Terraria to be different more interesting?
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma
#2bluehat94Posted 3/30/2013 10:06:34 AM
It's more Videogame-y than a game like Minecraft, in that there is a goal of sorts, which is to get through all of the bosses and to reach hard mode, where you then defeat 3 more bosses.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#3MirageMew2(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:15:52 AM
Eh anything else? My biggest concern is that it won't hold my interest.
---
"My father put me in P.O.R.N. when I was young. P.O.R.N., you know, Parents Offering Recreation and Nutrition?"
NNID: Dope _ Kharisma
#4glassghost0Posted 3/30/2013 10:17:16 AM
It's a crappy version of MInecraft
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#5bluehat94Posted 3/30/2013 10:17:50 AM
I enjoyed making all kinds of new weapons in it, it's one of the things that kept my interest.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#6shuggyconeheadPosted 3/30/2013 10:36:03 AM
Dude if you liked the demo then buy it. Stop wasting everyone's time to convince you.

You said it was fun so pick it up.
---
GT:shuggyconehead
#7darkharePosted 3/30/2013 10:36:45 AM
glassghost0 posted...
It's a crappy version of MInecraft

pretty much this.

---
Cynicism is easy and has no commitment. That's why so many people do it on gamefaq
#8liquidblue4Posted 3/30/2013 1:44:19 PM
2D Minecraft, more combat oriented. Combat is better and so are the enemies. Pretty fun for a while, but quickly becomes an exercise in tedium simply because its 2D.
Progression is very slow and the game does seem incredibly pointless.
Theres a good game in there but it requires some extra push to find it.
---
GT: Liquidbiue4
PSN: Liquidblue4
#9vigorm0rtisPosted 3/30/2013 2:06:15 PM
I was interested, but I have to confess after the demo I'm disappointed. I'm think the solution is Castle Miner Z.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF