This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you can erase your game brain for a few hours... What game would you play?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 3/30/2013 2:01:51 PM
If you can erase your game brain for a few hours / days... What game would you play for the first time again? To get the first time experience again.

For me... Tomb Raider 2.
It was my first true 3d action adventure game. The atmosphere, the puzzles, the huge levels, there was nothing like it back then. It took me and my cousin a whole month to beat it, roughly 30+ hours counting deaths and retries. Thanks to the ice storm here in 1998 we had in Montreal. The electricity kept going on and off for days, so it was hard to finish the game :) and made it longer then it should have. Jumping down 300 feet to a water pool was something new and didn't think we can even do in a game back then.

Pushing that huge block in the first levels took us 10 minutes to realize she can actually push that... 3D was all new for me and him and it made it a unique experience I guess like people who played Zelda OTT or Mario 64 for the first time. It was a new gaming experience that we can't ever go back too. Today's games tell us to do everything, push x to reload, press b to drag this block, they give us hints everywhere and makes game feel less rewarding when you finish them. I think this is why people complain so much about endings because the whole game is easy and it's like playing a interactive movie till the end.

Good times. I still replay it every year, and still missing like 3 or 4 secrets, so it keeps me playing forever. I will not use youtube to find them, I will find them all one day.

I'm playing it today again, the song just brings me chills and makes me feel like when I was 18 and playing this game for the first time. It's almost creepy. lol

What game would you guys/ girls play for the first time "Again?"
#2GGearXPosted 3/30/2013 2:03:31 PM
Why the hell would I want memory loss? Ive already had it once.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#3adampeltzPosted 3/30/2013 2:08:55 PM
GGearX posted...
Why the hell would I want memory loss? Ive already had it once.

I've never had it.... I think.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#4BlueJester007Posted 3/30/2013 2:14:25 PM
Resident Evil 4.

When this game first came out. It was the ONLY game I played for about two-three months. I did so many playthroughs on the same gamefile that I ended up around 600,000,000 pesetas by the time I finally decided to move on.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
#5knightimexPosted 3/30/2013 2:16:23 PM
I would absolutely LOVE memory loss when it comes to video games.

Imagine playing a game that stays amazing for years and years and never gets old.
---
Old School Games FTW!
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 3/30/2013 2:16:56 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Resident Evil 4.

When this game first came out. It was the ONLY game I played for about two-three months. I did so many playthroughs on the same gamefile that I ended up around 600,000,000 pesetas by the time I finally decided to move on.

I did the same, although not quite that much. That's dedication.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#7glassghost0Posted 3/30/2013 2:19:31 PM
The Walking Dead
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#8MouthBreather82Posted 3/30/2013 4:26:39 PM
metroid prime
---
AsRock Z77 pro, i7 2600 , ASUS GTX 670,16gb DDR3 ram, 128gb SSD, 1tb HDD,500gb HDD Rosewill Xtreme 750W, Asus12 x BDW,OEM dvdrw, Rosewill Thor V2
#9JascoDPosted 3/30/2013 5:05:44 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Resident Evil 4.

Yup, same for me. RE4 blew me away when it came out. No other game has never done that effect on me before and so far.

In second place, Dead Space 2. It was really great and I did 8 or 9 runs with it as soon as the credits started to roll. Last time my wife just looked at me and said: Again!?

I just looked at her with a derp smile: yEs!!

Good times.
---
Earn to Die!
#10oasisbeyond(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:22:01 PM
^ Hmm only game I replayed right after beating it... Shadow Of The Colossus... Beautiful.