This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DARK SOULS = Best game of all time PERIOD

#181JuhanorPosted 3/31/2013 10:33:29 AM
As I was playing it, I enjoyed the challenge. Got close to the end, but I couldn't finish because my save wouldn't transfer off my old hard drive.

In retrospect, I realized that the game was clunky as hell and From's writing department is non-existent. So, nah, not the best game of all time.
#182Raven2827Posted 3/31/2013 10:38:41 AM
Uggh, is this a troll topic? either that or the TC is in his teens
---
ASUS P8P67 | 2600K @ 4.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 1600 | 500GB Seagate 7200.12 | Intel 80GB SSD | GTX 260 | 42" @ 1920x1080 + 22" @ 1920x1080 | Win7 Ultimate x64
#183MalefactionPosted 3/31/2013 10:40:22 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Malefaction posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Johnny_Jon_117 posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
Best game of all time...

Let's see.. you spelled it as... D... A... R.... K... S... O....

Uh... you misspelled Final Fantasy VI.

In case you forgot, you can just copy and paste it from my post, for future reference.

Also, Dark Souls is okay. It's not amazing, but it's nowhere near as awesome as competently made games, like any Zelda, or Ninja Gaiden. Also,it's FAR too easy.

I believe you misspelled Final Fantasy 7 which is leagues better than VI. Zelda and Ninja Gaiden are overrated pieces of crap.

Except that FF7 was garbage.
When it comes to turn-based RPGs, you can't have good gameplay. Turn-based combat = instantly bad game. However, all is not lost.
They (developers) have to make up with it with a great story, intriguing characters with a great deal of chemistry, and an interesting setting. Something FF7 lacks. All of it's characters are generic archetypes. FF6's characters throw away those archetypes, and in some cases build upon them, and the way the cast interacts with one another makes it all the more interesting.

Also, Ninja Gaiden and Zelda are two of the very, very rare examples of 3D games not being ass.
9 times out of 10, 2D >>>> 3D.

With Ninja Gaiden and Zelda, it's the opposite (not saying that the 2D games in both series are bad, or even inferior, Ninja Gaiden 2 and ALttP are masterpieces that's just how great the 3D entries are).

FF7 would have only been mediocre if it didn't literally rip the gist of it's plot from another game released only a little bit prior.

I like how you called Ninja Gaiden and Zelda overrated, and then felt the need to express how, "Oh so amarzing" Final Fantasy 7 was. Irony at it's best.
FF7 didn't even look good for it's time, let alone play well, or even have a decent story.
I'm confused as to why FF fans are so made at Square for making FFXIII, it's not like the series was any good prior to XIII, VI was a fluke, a fluke Square hasn't managed to repeat, even 19 years after.

You're literally the only person who plays video games that thinks this. So quit stating your opinion as fact. My assumption is you're probably 15 years old, and FF7 came out way before your time, thus you were not able to appreciate it in its glory day; so to speak.

Calls an old, archaic, legitimately bad game, bad = must mean I'm an adolescent.

Nope, I played FF7 when it came out. It was crap then.
FF7 had no glory day.
I'm the only person who plays video games that thinks this, which means I'm the only person who plays video games who's opinion is correct.

You just got out Gamefaqs'd, Son.

Clear proof that you're like; 12.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#184CoolFangsPosted 3/31/2013 10:44:58 AM
It is a great game, and I really enjoyed it.
However it is far from the best game of all time for me.
---
Currently playing: Assassin's Creed 2, Far Cry 3,
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
#185darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:45:56 AM
^^ Just a quick reminder that Dark Souls is better than all those games you all listed.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#186MalefactionPosted 3/31/2013 10:49:34 AM
darealest47 posted...
^^ Just a quick reminder that Dark Souls is better than all those games you all listed.

Oh my god, you stated a personal preference in video games!! RAGE! let's start a 500 page topic about how you're wrong, about your own personal opinion, that has nothing to do with anyone else, and doesn't effect anyone else, or matter at all.

Video gamers are the worst.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#187johnny_payPosted 3/31/2013 11:08:35 AM
clearly you never played fallout 2 on the pc, now that is a contender for best game of all time
#188don_juan_darkoPosted 3/31/2013 11:14:35 AM
DARK SOULS = Best game of all time PERIOD

I disagree, it's a very good game, but I think Donkey Kong is the best game ever.
#189darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 11:15:01 AM
johnny_pay posted...
clearly you never played fallout 2 on the pc, now that is a contender for best game of all time
Dark Souls is better than fallout 1, 2, 3, AND New Vegas. It is the king after all (:
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#190pariah23Posted 3/31/2013 11:15:50 AM
How can Dark Souls be the best game of all time when it was a huge step backwards from Demon's Souls in nearly every way?