This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 worth buying at this point?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. PS3 worth buying at this point?

User Info: Malefaction

Malefaction
3 years ago#1
I know this is the 360 boards, but I was curious to people who own both consoles but mainly use their 360. Is the PS3 still worth getting? I haven't played any of the exclusives and I was thinking of buying one seeing as my Bluray player crapped out.
There is no love in your violence.

User Info: RanmaRanma

RanmaRanma
3 years ago#2
There's plenty of good exclusives, but it depends on what kind of games you like. I've gotten a lot of good PS3 exclusives for $10 off newegg. I just look for good deals.
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/

User Info: Hucast9

Hucast9
3 years ago#3
If my ps3 ever broke I would buy another one immediately. That's how much I think it's worth it. Yes, the exclusives are good, the Blu Ray player is a major plus, and the web browser is faster than the 360 browser.

User Info: OCRAZYGun

OCRAZYGun
3 years ago#4
I would say no because the PS4 won't be DISC backwards compatible with PS3 games. I've also heard the PS3 is not a great Blu-ray player due to being a first gen bluray player.

I've heard newer stand alone bluray players that can be bought for less than the cost of a PS3 offer a better bluray experience.

If anything get a cheap, in price not quality, bluray player and save the rest of the money that would have gone towards a PS3 for a PS4 or new Xbox.
Sent from my iPhone 4S via PowerGuides 1.10

Malefaction
3 years ago#5
I actually love the Metal gear series, but was a bit disappointed with the small amount I play of MGS 4. I think the game is worth my full attention. Games like Killzone and Drakes Fortune looked interesting but I never cared enough to buy another console.

User Info: EsotericGoose

EsotericGoose
3 years ago#6
Yeah, I would say a PS3 is worth buying now. If you're interested in any games the PS3 has to offer. Then that's a good enough reason to buy one. :P

Hucast9
3 years ago#7
Malefaction posted...
I actually love the Metal gear series, but was a bit disappointed with the small amount I play of MGS 4. I think the game is worth my full attention. Games like Killzone and Drakes Fortune looked interesting but I never cared enough to buy another console.

You want to know what I think bluntly? Metal Gear Solid 4 is not that good. The gunplay gameplay is very clunky by today's standards. It is a serious chore to weild weapons in that game. This clunkyness brings the game down quite a bit.

Other great exclusives are:
- Uncharted 1, 2, and 3
- Killzone 3. I'd mention Killzone 2, but again, clunky control that even the developer admits is a problem with the game.
- Heavy Rain
- Ratchet and Clank
- Ico Shadow of the Colossus collection
- Heavenly Sword
- more

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 years ago#8
I've been considering it myself, I don't intend to early-adopt a next gen console, so it'd be nice to fill out the next year playing the PS3 games I missed.
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF

Malefaction
3 years ago#9
Hucast9 posted...
Malefaction posted...

You want to know what I think bluntly? Metal Gear Solid 4 is not that good. The gunplay gameplay is very clunky by today's standards. It is a serious chore to weild weapons in that game. This clunkyness brings the game down quite a bit.

Other great exclusives are:
- Uncharted 1, 2, and 3
- Killzone 3. I'd mention Killzone 2, but again, clunky control that even the developer admits is a problem with the game.
- Heavy Rain
- Ratchet and Clank
- Ico Shadow of the Colossus collection
- Heavenly Sword
- more

Oh yeah! Totally forgot about Heavy Rain. I'm sold haha.

Hucast9
3 years ago#10
Heavy Rain is awesome. I will be the first to tell you that quick time events in games have to go, but in HR I didn't mind them at all. The characters and the story kept you wondering what was going to happen next. It's a must have game.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. PS3 worth buying at this point?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived