This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 worth buying at this point?

#1MalefactionPosted 3/31/2013 12:12:03 AM
I know this is the 360 boards, but I was curious to people who own both consoles but mainly use their 360. Is the PS3 still worth getting? I haven't played any of the exclusives and I was thinking of buying one seeing as my Bluray player crapped out.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#2RanmaRanmaPosted 3/31/2013 12:14:58 AM
There's plenty of good exclusives, but it depends on what kind of games you like. I've gotten a lot of good PS3 exclusives for $10 off newegg. I just look for good deals.
---
http://animerecap.blogspot.com/
#3Hucast9Posted 3/31/2013 12:16:04 AM
If my ps3 ever broke I would buy another one immediately. That's how much I think it's worth it. Yes, the exclusives are good, the Blu Ray player is a major plus, and the web browser is faster than the 360 browser.
#4OCRAZYGunPosted 3/31/2013 12:17:37 AM(edited)
I would say no because the PS4 won't be DISC backwards compatible with PS3 games. I've also heard the PS3 is not a great Blu-ray player due to being a first gen bluray player.

I've heard newer stand alone bluray players that can be bought for less than the cost of a PS3 offer a better bluray experience.

If anything get a cheap, in price not quality, bluray player and save the rest of the money that would have gone towards a PS3 for a PS4 or new Xbox.
---
Sent from my iPhone 4S via PowerGuides 1.10
#5Malefaction(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:16:21 AM
I actually love the Metal gear series, but was a bit disappointed with the small amount I play of MGS 4. I think the game is worth my full attention. Games like Killzone and Drakes Fortune looked interesting but I never cared enough to buy another console.
---
#6EsotericGoosePosted 3/31/2013 12:20:34 AM
Yeah, I would say a PS3 is worth buying now. If you're interested in any games the PS3 has to offer. Then that's a good enough reason to buy one. :P
#7Hucast9Posted 3/31/2013 12:21:45 AM
Malefaction posted...
I actually love the Metal gear series, but was a bit disappointed with the small amount I play of MGS 4. I think the game is worth my full attention. Games like Killzone and Drakes Fortune looked interesting but I never cared enough to buy another console.

You want to know what I think bluntly? Metal Gear Solid 4 is not that good. The gunplay gameplay is very clunky by today's standards. It is a serious chore to weild weapons in that game. This clunkyness brings the game down quite a bit.

Other great exclusives are:
- Uncharted 1, 2, and 3
- Killzone 3. I'd mention Killzone 2, but again, clunky control that even the developer admits is a problem with the game.
- Heavy Rain
- Ratchet and Clank
- Ico Shadow of the Colossus collection
- Heavenly Sword
- more
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 3/31/2013 12:23:15 AM
I've been considering it myself, I don't intend to early-adopt a next gen console, so it'd be nice to fill out the next year playing the PS3 games I missed.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9Malefaction(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:23:20 AM
Hucast9 posted...
Malefaction posted...

You want to know what I think bluntly? Metal Gear Solid 4 is not that good. The gunplay gameplay is very clunky by today's standards. It is a serious chore to weild weapons in that game. This clunkyness brings the game down quite a bit.

Other great exclusives are:
- Uncharted 1, 2, and 3
- Killzone 3. I'd mention Killzone 2, but again, clunky control that even the developer admits is a problem with the game.
- Heavy Rain
- Ratchet and Clank
- Ico Shadow of the Colossus collection
- Heavenly Sword
- more

Oh yeah! Totally forgot about Heavy Rain. I'm sold haha.
---
#10Hucast9Posted 3/31/2013 12:27:14 AM
Heavy Rain is awesome. I will be the first to tell you that quick time events in games have to go, but in HR I didn't mind them at all. The characters and the story kept you wondering what was going to happen next. It's a must have game.