This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 worth buying at this point?

#31SparkItUpPosted 3/31/2013 10:12:53 AM
Malefaction posted...
SparkItUp posted...
I was going to do so (buy a ps3), but I think I am going to be investing in updating my computer instead and start moving away from the consoles as a whole. In the long run, just seems like a better investment.

I have a good gaming rig, I just hate gaming on my PC. I know PC gamers think they're the elite gaming crop and everything else is beneath them, but seriously, gaming on my PC is the worst experience most of the time.

I used to game on the PC, been quite a long time since I have however. I just prefer it over console and I miss it.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#32Malefaction(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:21:28 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Malefaction posted...
SparkItUp posted...
I was going to do so (buy a ps3), but I think I am going to be investing in updating my computer instead and start moving away from the consoles as a whole. In the long run, just seems like a better investment.

I have a good gaming rig, I just hate gaming on my PC. I know PC gamers think they're the elite gaming crop and everything else is beneath them, but seriously, gaming on my PC is the worst experience most of the time.

I used to game on the PC, been quite a long time since I have however. I just prefer it over console and I miss it.

Sorry if that comment seemed like I was calling you a PC elitist. I was speaking generally, but when I read it back, it sounded accusatory haha.
---
There is no love in your violence.
#33thekozmicpigPosted 3/31/2013 12:39:42 PM
I am seriously considering buying that GoW model with my tax return.

Those games, Uncharted, Infamous, Ratchet & Clank, various RPGs, a blu ray player and MAYBE GT5 (if cheap enough).

Wish it wasn't red, but eh.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#34RezzmanPosted 3/31/2013 1:02:46 PM
Avoid the "super slim" model at all costs. The thing is VERY cheaply made.
---
-=Rezzy=-
#35Halochief6Posted 3/31/2013 4:28:31 PM
Honestly, this might be the best time. Games are dropping in price, and they're likely to plummet with the incoming next gen.

I personally still want to get one.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#36Matt_Man_2004Posted 3/31/2013 5:49:01 PM
I finished Shadow of the Colossus last night. Super overhyped.

I've been toying with the idea of buying a ps3 for a while, but my sister has one so I've just been trying to cram as many of the exclusives as I can in while I'm home for the holidays. Honestly though having looked through the full list of ps3 exclusives there wasn't THAT much that interested me. Maybe 15 titles most of which I can play for free on my sister's console..

That said, PSN+ sounds awesome and apparently FF9 is available in the PSN store which is tempting.
#37SparkItUpPosted 3/31/2013 5:51:00 PM
Malefaction posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Malefaction posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Sorry if that comment seemed like I was calling you a PC elitist. I was speaking generally, but when I read it back, it sounded accusatory haha.

No worries, I didn't take it as such :) Thank you regardless for the apology if you felt you transgressed
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#38Madness2012Posted 3/31/2013 8:56:28 PM
Yes,pretty good exclusives and a decent Blu ray player....
#39oasisbeyondPosted 3/31/2013 9:14:40 PM
It's worth it if you actually use it... Only you know this. For me it's 80% 360 20% ps3. Third party games just run and play better on the 360 unless it's L.A Noire.