This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone tell me about uploading music to Xbox 360?

#1HeroicSomaCruzPosted 3/31/2013 10:12:52 AM
I have TTT2 and want to change up some of the music. Can you upload individual MP3's or does it have to be from a disc only?
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#2RenamonPosted 3/31/2013 10:13:19 AM
audio cds only
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3Red OrcPosted 3/31/2013 10:17:13 AM
Put your mp3s on a USB stick and listen that way.
Otherwise, no way to get non CD music onto the harddrive.
#4TBD2009Posted 3/31/2013 10:18:58 AM
If you don't mind keeping a flash drive in one of your USB ports every time you want to listen to music, and a minor "delay/lag" in pulling up your Dashboard (this only tends to happen if you have a LOT of MP3s on your flash drive), then you don't even have to store your music to your Xbox's hard drive. That's what I did for a long while (before getting tired of the Dashboard lag, and started using CD-RWs to rip the music to my hard drive).

You can also just "stream" the music from your PC through Media Center... but I don't know if you can do that, while playing a game (I never tried, because I think it's just silly to have my PC running while I'm already playing games on the 360).
#5MaDHatPosted 3/31/2013 10:29:31 AM(edited)
Download an old version of TVersity or similar streaming program.
Create a playlist for every individual song (not as tedious as it sounds)
Stream the directory with the songs and playlists with the streaming program.

They will now show up in the game as individual tracks to apply to whatever you want.
#6MaDHatPosted 3/31/2013 10:33:48 AM
If you just want to stream music to the 360 do listen to on the dashboard and not apply it to anything in games, you don't have to do the playlist thing. Just stream the directory of MP3's.
#7RenamonPosted 3/31/2013 11:19:01 AM
Create a playlist for every individual song (not as tedious as it sounds)

Why would you do this?
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#8MaDHatPosted 3/31/2013 11:29:01 AM
Because in games if you can apply certain songs to specific things (For instance, in NHL it plays a specific goal song for a team), the game only reads playlists, not the actual mp3.

For the NHL example, you just create a playlist with that once song, name the playlist "Goal - Calgary" and apply the playlist in the game to that situation.

I assume Tekken is the same.