This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why aren't more people buying their Xbox 360 games digitally?

#1SolnotPosted 3/31/2013 10:15:53 AM
If you don't buy digital Xbox 360 games from the Marketplace, you are not supporting the developers because they make less money from having to license, manufacture, and distribute physical copies of their games. It's not fair to the developers for people to buy physical games when digital games are so much better.
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 3/31/2013 10:17:15 AM
Solnot.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3pyrokinesis666Posted 3/31/2013 10:17:30 AM
digital copies of games are more expensive than physical copies.

Not all games but a lot of them
#4the36thchamberPosted 3/31/2013 10:25:28 AM
i bought my first one about a month ago and about 3 more since then. its more convenient than anything else but a couple of the games i thought they didnt run as smoothly as the disc game would so i probably wont be buying anymore
---
CUT!
GT-xNinjaScrollx
#5shawnmckPosted 3/31/2013 10:25:43 AM
Not everyone has a good Internet connection.
Not everyone has an Internet connection.
Not everyone wants their games in digital form.

While digital is growing it still is dwarfed by the amount of people who want their games in physical form (disc).

You are among the minority, and are also acting like a tool.
Disc-based games do not equate to Developers losing money.
Developers making crappy &/or mediocre game do.

If the industry went all digital, it would literally destroy the industry, because most gamers DOn'T want it.

you =/= everyone else.
Get over it.
#6pyrokinesis666Posted 3/31/2013 10:27:00 AM
the only game on demand Im thinking of buying is bully, since it's 20 bucks less than the disc version. Just don't know how it runs
#7JascoDPosted 3/31/2013 10:28:48 AM
I want to buy my games, hold them, look at them, smell them. Not having them trapped in a harddrive.

So depressing that in the future, everything will be download only. Music, movies, games etc etc.

Also, it's cheaper. So, there, I just gave you my 2 cents.
---
Earn to Die!
#8pyrokinesis666Posted 3/31/2013 10:29:29 AM
shawnmck posted...
Not everyone has a good Internet connection.
Not everyone has an Internet connection.
Not everyone wants their games in digital form.

While digital is growing it still is dwarfed by the amount of people who want their games in physical form (disc).

You are among the minority, and are also acting like a tool.
Disc-based games do not equate to Developers losing money.
Developers making crappy &/or mediocre game do.

If the industry went all digital, it would literally destroy the industry, because most gamers DOn'T want it.

you =/= everyone else.
Get over it.

Very True.

Also if gaming went all digital, they would need to make terabyte hard drives and that would be expensive.

No one would pay 300-400 for a hard drive
#9TBD2009Posted 3/31/2013 10:29:46 AM
Not everyone has a 1Tb+ hard drive in their Xbox 360 to store digital copies of all the games they want to buy.

If EVERYONE was buying strictly digital copies of their games, they'd only buy at most twenty games... and that's it (since you'd run out of room on the standard 120Gb drive)... maybe thirty on the 250Gb HDDs with their slims.

So, by your logic of "buying digital games", they'd only make money off of thirty games... and that's it. Most people I know have bought dozens of games (brand new at retail prices) for their 360... far more than the 20~30 games you'd be able to store on your console.

Not to mention the hassle of having to delete games, to buy and download new games, and the risk of losing some of your games forever, once LIVE stops supporting the ability to download your game library from the marketplace.

Add to it, the fact that not ~all~ games are immediately (if at all) added to the "Games on Demand" service, to be bought digitally. So... what about that? Would you rather people not buy the game ~at all~, versus buying the disc?

Horrible idea, Solnot. Horrible idea. At least with the current system of people buying disc copies of the game, the developers are still getting paid, people get to play the games as much as they want, and if they decide to, they can sell those games and get back some of the money they spent on said game.

Our current system isn't so bad as people try to make it out to be.
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 3/31/2013 10:30:07 AM
shawnmck posted...

People would buy digital. It wouldn't destroy the industry.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF