This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone explain the ending to Bioshock Infinite MAJOR SPOILERS

#1NakedSnake1986Posted 3/31/2013 11:38:04 AM
SO I guess the name Infinite comes from the infinite number of doorways that lead to alternate doorways and time leaps.

I'm so confused my brain is about to exploded. Comstock was the name Dewitt took after battle creek when he got born again and in another dimension where he didn't get born again he stayed Booker. Correct?
---
Tied to a wheel, fingers got to feel,
Bleeding through a tourniquet smile
#2vigorm0rtisPosted 3/31/2013 11:38:39 AM
Yes.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#3AsucaHayashiPosted 3/31/2013 12:04:04 PM(edited)
infinite might also mean booker's "infinite" attempts at changing his destiny without ever succeeding.

you remember the part in the beginning where the "twins" make you choose heads or tails and how the board has a couple of hundred marks on heads?

yeah, that means before the game even starts, booker has literally gone to the city trying to save his daughter hundreds of times over but not really changing anything.

edit: oh and while it's correct that from the baptism two bookers were created(one who stayed original and the other that became comstock), don't forget that comstock essentially steals his own daughter from himself in booker's dimension.

so by the time the game ends and you're killing booker before he is even reborn as comstock, that means the elizabeth you've spent your time with basically ends up not existing at all(and neither did the whole game for that matter).

kinda sad, eh?
---
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/
#4NakedSnake1986(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:23:00 PM
So then near the end of the game where Booker jumps in time to a 1984 New York and sees an old lady Elizabeth, that would be in a dimension where Booker never came back for her or died trying correct?

Also those twin brother and sister, who were exactly, I'm still confused about that?

Also was I not the only person expecting the end of the game to end in Rapture. I had goosebumps when I went up stairs in the main lobby of Rapture when Elizabeth was telling me to follow her and saw the Little Sister Garden vending machine.
---
#5vigorm0rtisPosted 3/31/2013 12:31:53 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...

Also those twin brother and sister, who were exactly, I'm still confused about that?

They're not twins, they're the same person from different realities. I'm forgetting the names, but the man is from Booker's reality, and the woman from Comstock's. One of the voxophones say they're only one chromosome different (gender). The woman, in her experiments quantum science, discovers her 'other self' and takes him with her, and the two are eventually rendered outside time and space (and consequence, to a degree, since in one reality Booker kills them) by their experiments. She is Comstock's scientist in charge of creating Colombia, and he is the man sent to collect Anna. Same person, two versions.
---
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 3/31/2013 12:35:21 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...

Also was I not the only person expecting the end of the game to end in Rapture. I had goosebumps when I went up stairs in the main lobby of Rapture when Elizabeth was telling me to follow her and saw the Little Sister Garden vending machine.

Sorry for the double post, but here's a question: the Rapture we visit is obviously in ruin, although not as bad as we see in Bioshock. Remember when it's said that only Ryan (or someone sharing his genetic makeup, like Jack) can operate the Bathyspheres when they are locked down? Booker can operate them too, apparently.

What does it mean?
---
#7lostnumberwarPosted 3/31/2013 12:38:38 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
NakedSnake1986 posted...

Sorry for the double post, but here's a question: the Rapture we visit is obviously in ruin, although not as bad as we see in Bioshock. Remember when it's said that only Ryan (or someone sharing his genetic makeup, like Jack) can operate the Bathyspheres when they are locked down? Booker can operate them too, apparently.

What does it mean?

It may mean an alternate reality in which the genetic safeguard was never implemented.
Or perhaps it was due to Elizabeths power.
---
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.
#8lostnumberwarPosted 3/31/2013 12:41:15 PM
AsucaHayashi posted...
infinite might also mean booker's "infinite" attempts at changing his destiny without ever succeeding.

you remember the part in the beginning where the "twins" make you choose heads or tails and how the board has a couple of hundred marks on heads?

yeah, that means before the game even starts, booker has literally gone to the city trying to save his daughter hundreds of times over but not really changing anything.

edit: oh and while it's correct that from the baptism two bookers were created(one who stayed original and the other that became comstock), don't forget that comstock essentially steals his own daughter from himself in booker's dimension.

so by the time the game ends and you're killing booker before he is even reborn as comstock, that means the elizabeth you've spent your time with basically ends up not existing at all(and neither did the whole game for that matter).

kinda sad, eh?

Not really sad since the events that led to her being imprisoned her whole life never occurred and she was never sold and instead can live out a new life being cared for by Booker in New York.
---
#9NakedSnake1986(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 12:41:18 PM
Would you kindly stop confusing me more.

Lol, thanks for clearing things up. I really hate how they brought time travel into the equation.

Could you kindly explain the scene after the credits?
---
#10lostnumberwarPosted 3/31/2013 12:43:00 PM
NakedSnake1986 posted...
Would you kindly stop confusing me more.

Lol, thanks for clearing things up. I really hate how they brought time travel into the equation.

Could you kindly explain the scene after the credits?

I just did.
---