This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It seems like games for next gen are going to be also available for current gen.

#1levyjl1988Posted 3/31/2013 12:35:37 PM
Will you buy an entirely new console for crisper graphics, better load times, etc? Or will you be fine with buying a game for your current gen console?

ie) Destiny coming to current gen consoles and next gen consoles.

I for one will be buying the next gen xbox for Destiny, Dragon Age 3, Battlefield 4, etc rather than get it for the xbox 360.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#2knightimexPosted 3/31/2013 1:02:38 PM
Why would you want to play a next gen game on current gen hardware?

That would be like playing Killer Instinct on SNES instead of arcade.

What it would feel like.

Current gen: Xbox 360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjJSRUDWiUU

Next gen: Xbox 720
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8NsTMkyt9U
---
Old School Games FTW!
#3SunDevil77Posted 3/31/2013 1:13:16 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
It seems like games for next gen are going to be also available for current gen

ye....yeah. Is this your first generation switch?
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#4RedJacket200Posted 3/31/2013 1:20:34 PM
I won't be buying a next gen console until more games are released, and for at least a year or more. I figure this will let them work the bugs out of the systems.

I don't want a RROD or YLOD because I decided to jump the gun and buy another next gen console out of the gate.
---
Force Recon -- Penetrates Deeper, Takes Longer And Carries A Bigger Load
GT: Redjacket200
#5cdymn12345Posted 3/31/2013 1:39:26 PM
levyjl1988 posted...
Will you buy an entirely new console for crisper graphics, better load times, etc? Or will you be fine with buying a game for your current gen console?

ie) Destiny coming to current gen consoles and next gen consoles.

I for one will be buying the next gen xbox for Destiny, Dragon Age 3, Battlefield 4, etc rather than get it for the xbox 360.

i'm going to wait it out. i don't like the rumors. plus destiny is supposed to come to current gen and battlefield 4 isn't confirmed for the next gen yet only current
---
---
GT: cdymn1234
#6shawnmckPosted 3/31/2013 1:47:20 PM
Only initially.
After the first 6-8 months, DON'T expect games to be made for both.
Eventually Developers are going to jump ship and just focus on next-gen.

They are only doing it because the install base for next-gen consoles will be small, and so they have to make a profit.
As next-gen console sales rise, they will start to distance themselves from current gen consoles.
it happens every time.
Even the XB 360 got games that were for both XB 360 & X-Box 1 (PS2)...."king-Kong", "Madden", "Red-Dead Revolver", etc.
And it didn't last long.
So don't expect it to last long here either.

Also, don't expect the next gen games to wow you in the graphics department either.
Since they are making the first batch of games to run on current gen consoles, the next gen console games will only have minor upgrades in graphical fidelity.
#7SunDevil77Posted 3/31/2013 1:52:15 PM
shawnmck posted...
the install base for next-gen consoles will be small.

You really think so..?
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#8shawnmckPosted 3/31/2013 1:59:19 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
shawnmck posted...

You really think so..?

^ At first, Yes...they always are.
It will take a good year (at least) to get the install base to high enough levels for Developers to justify making the total transition.
But this happens with every gen.
Even with current gen, it took over a year to start seeing the better quality games that weren't just replicas of the previous generation.

I'm not saying that it will stay small, just that it will start out small. It always does every gen.

Or are you being sarcastic ?
#9SunDevil77Posted 3/31/2013 2:00:38 PM
shawnmck posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
shawnmck posted...

You really think so..?

^ At first, Yes...they always are.
It will take a good year (at least) to get the install base to high enough levels for Developers to justify making the total transition.
But this happens with every gen.
Even with current gen, it took over a year to start seeing the better quality games that weren't just replicas of the previous generation.

I'm not saying that it will stay small, just that it will start out small. It always does every gen.

Or are you being sarcastic ?

Not, its an honest point of discussion.

I think we will see way more people buying the system early in the lifeecycle this time around considering how long this gen crawled on.
---
#10DoubleDarePosted 3/31/2013 2:04:36 PM
I could see being tempted to get a next gen system if gta v is coming out for it.
---
On Your Mark...Get Set........GO!!!!!!