This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much replayability and longevity does Borderlands have?

#1motoraptorPosted 3/31/2013 6:35:57 PM
My friends and I are looking for something to play together (we're finally getting tired of CoD) and I was wondering about Borderlands. Once you're at max level what is there to do? What's the "endgame content" if you will?
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#2Walkman_005Posted 3/31/2013 6:39:15 PM
Do you speak of number 1 or 2?

CONSIDERING that each have at least 4 characters to play, excluding dlc. It has a lot of replay.

As each character plays very different.

The first Borderlands has each character focusing on a gun class. I.E one for sniper and pistol, another for shotguns, another for elemental weapons.

There are a ton of weapons and you are always finding better weapons, so you don't really get tired of it.

Number 2 expands even further on the weapon count of one.

Literally over a gazillion weapons.

A great game. For both.

Although the first might seem more repetitive than the second.
#3JanayBerryPosted 3/31/2013 6:40:53 PM
Good question!

I haven't experienced end-game yet mainly because I have been constantly joining low-level games.

The replay is high for me because this game has co-op and RPG elements, which gives it browny points.

Hope a veteran can answer this, as I am now curious about end-game and DLC.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: KKA OMEGA Jim
Favorites (since 3/31/13): Hard Corps: Uprising, Mass Effect, Double Dragon Neon, TMNT 1989 Arcade Game, Ikaruga.
#4glassghost0Posted 3/31/2013 6:43:30 PM
They're good, overrated, but good
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#5SunDevil77Posted 3/31/2013 7:02:42 PM
motoraptor posted...
My friends and I are looking for something to play together (we're finally getting tired of CoD) and I was wondering about Borderlands. Once you're at max level what is there to do? What's the "endgame content" if you will?

It has the most replayability of any non PVP FPS out there. 3 Skill trees, 4 characters. Every single skill tree plays quite different. Then there's the DLC...Yeah, you'll be busy.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#6Shy420Posted 3/31/2013 7:27:02 PM
I think it really depends on the person. I've constantly go back to playing the game. Something new will come out I'll play that for a while, beat it and then play BL2 again. Then there is the DLC, more quests, more player characters, for me it's been well worth the money.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#7zerooo0Posted 3/31/2013 7:30:48 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
motoraptor posted...

It has the most replayability of any non PVP FPS out there. 3 Skill trees, 4 characters. Every single skill tree plays quite different. Then there's the DLC...Yeah, you'll be busy.

This.

Also TC they're raising the level cap from 50 to 61 VERY SOON which will let you have access to I think 2(Or 3, not so sure) full skill trees sets. Which will make your character VERY OP. The level cap raise will cost about $5-4 though.

Also theirs another DLC character coming soon his name is Krieg?(I think that's his name) Gaige is the other DLC character, and she is AWESOME.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Sinestro
#8sauruschamp1Posted 3/31/2013 7:44:15 PM
Also you can replay the campaign with your character in a new game + sort of way where all the enemies scale to your level. This helps you hit max level and also find better loot. Also some people go as groups and farm some of the big bosses for good guns which is an interesting activity by itself.
---
Xbox GT: Zarosian Steam GT: Zarosio
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde
#9TheIastspartanPosted 4/1/2013 2:17:25 AM
Imo, BL1 is way too repetitive and is overrated. 2 however, is a masterpiece and fully deserves every ounce of praise it gets.
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 4/1/2013 2:29:28 AM
zerooo0 posted...

Also TC they're raising the level cap from 50 to 61 VERY SOON which will let you have access to I think 2(Or 3, not so sure) full skill trees sets. Which will make your character VERY OP. The level cap raise will cost about $5-4 though.

Also theirs another DLC character coming soon his name is Krieg?(I think that's his name) Gaige is the other DLC character, and she is AWESOME.

Level cap raise comes tomorrow, IIRC. And new pearlescent weapons. New Level cap will let you reach the capstone skill in two trees, but Gearbox is tweaking combat to keep combat balanced. (allegedly)
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF