This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does the Xbox 360 controller have a Back button instead of a Select button?

#11TheBlueStigPosted 4/1/2013 8:21:06 AM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
Pressing the back button does not back you out of anything.

Yes, it does, it depends on what you're doing at the time.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#12lostnumberwarPosted 4/1/2013 8:22:46 AM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
^
The TC is asking why it is NAMED 'back' instead of 'select'.

It would have made more sense to be named select, as you press it to select things more times than not.

He said select button is an industry standard. It is not.
---
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.
#13Rome218Posted 4/1/2013 8:28:55 AM
Solnot: You are not clever, and you are not witty.

Your topics are absurdly stupid to the point where it's offensive. Every time I see a post from you are a thread, I think to myself: "This guy makes stupid topics all day long because he must be deprived of attention."

Your posts are worthless. I don't just mean this one, I've noticed you and now I just want you to know that you come across as a 16 year old.

With the internet around, I am starting to think parents should hire babysitters. Are you at home without your parents and just spend your time acting like a dummy on Gamefaqs? Is it spring break and they are at work?

I wish parents would limit their the internet usage of their children.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#14OverburdenedPosted 4/1/2013 8:53:34 AM
My back button says back too.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#15PraetorXynPosted 4/1/2013 9:49:00 AM
lostnumberwar posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...
^

It would have made more sense to be named select, as you press it to select things more times than not.

When the secondary button exists on a controller, everyone except Microsoft calls it Select.
Hence, the name Select is the industry standard.
Just because a lot of consoles don't have the button at all doesn't discount that fact.
#16Dragon NexusPosted 4/1/2013 12:14:13 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Do you honestly think your topics are humorous, man?

Yeah, he's definitely a boring troll. The least he could do is come up with something clever.

It's sort of that bland half way point between being a humourous troll and a rable rousing troll.
He's not funny enough to be as interesting as Bronze, and he's not psychotic enough to be as infuriating as SubSeenix.

He's just...troll porridge. No chopped bananas, syrup, honey or anything.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#17ChrisHanson24Posted 4/1/2013 3:35:23 PM
the most useless button was the mode button on genesis
#18lostnumberwarPosted 4/2/2013 4:15:53 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...
^

When the secondary button exists on a controller, everyone except Microsoft calls it Select.
Hence, the name Select is the industry standard.
Just because a lot of consoles don't have the button at all doesn't discount that fact.

Except those others that I already listed that do have a secondary button that also call it things like, option, back, return, mode, + and -, play and stop.
Microsoft isn't the only one to do this sorry.
---
The preceding message has been brought to you by Spite.
#19Dragon NexusPosted 4/2/2013 5:20:27 AM
the most useless button was the mode button on genesis

Didn't that switch between 6 button and 3 button?
I remember for some weird reason the cutscenes in Jungle Strike and I think Urban Strike would auto skip themselves unless I held the Mode button down.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln