This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy it, Rent it, or F*** it: Gears of War Judgment

#31Shiek120Posted 4/1/2013 11:01:25 PM
I have a huge Gears of War collection, I love the series almost as much as I love Metal Gear Solid...

BUT THEY BUTCHERED THE SERIES.

It's no longer fun online. In the past you could use Gnashers, Lancers, Longshots, and all of the other weapons fairly...

Now it's...Gnashers & Stims. The campaign was okay, but there wasn't much to it. There were no ground breaking, pivotal moments like the prior Gears of War titles...

I was incredibly disappointed by Judgment...Cliffy B leaving Epic was the worst thing to happen to that company. RIP Gears.
---
I'm a Celtic.
#32JamanjaxPosted 4/1/2013 11:03:04 PM
Shiek120 posted...
Now it's...Gnashers & Stims. The campaign was okay, but there wasn't much to it. There were no ground breaking, pivotal moments like the prior Gears of War titles...

You only fall victim to that if you're not sure of how to handle such players.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#33Shiek120Posted 4/1/2013 11:05:24 PM
Shiek120 posted...

You only fall victim to that if you're not sure of how to handle such players.

That's true in some instances...but you surely cannot really utilize a Longshot or a Lancer reliably like in prior games...at least in other titles you had the option of having a Gnasher handy so you could run up (or wall bounce if thats your thing) someone who was on the offensive...

I dunno, perhaps I just didn't give the multiplayer enough of a chance...I just know I was incredibly frustrated that when I wasn't using a Gnasher there wasn't a way to succeed it seemed because I was always getting wallbounced or two pieced.
---
I'm a Celtic.
#34DragoonAngerPosted 4/1/2013 11:27:11 PM
Every time I see one of these topics posted there's somebody whining about the DmC and MGR verdicts. It must be nice to live in a world where you can immediately objectively analyze a review with 100% accuracy just by asking "DOES IT MATCH MY OPINION Y/N"
---
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/863/kenshiroqs6.gif
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/extremejon/1206682497641.png
#35Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 4/1/2013 11:31:22 PM
glassghost0 posted...
God these reviews are horrible

and stolen from Screw Attack
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#36Arucard05Posted 4/1/2013 11:38:28 PM
Just keep on keepin' on horror_spooky.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#37GunningSoulPosted 4/1/2013 11:40:33 PM
This guy's opinion on games : The Topic series!

I mean, gosh darn, thank god SOMEONE around here has opinions on games, I'll sure refer to his when making thems purchases of mine.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#38HeLeehamPosted 4/2/2013 12:56:13 AM
Wow just terrible.

+ The multiplayer is the most balanced its ever been
+ Item boxes give you more of a reason to get kills and level up
+ New weapons are great and non are overpowered (seriously how can you not even have a comment on the new weapons)
+ Scoring system adds replay value to the game
+ Shorter, more action packed levels
+ Declassified missions add a lot of variety

The scoring system is in no way broken. You think it's broken that you get more points for making the game more challenging?

Do you know what pacing is? This game has much better pacing then Bioshock Infinite.

Adding variety into the campaign makes it feel repetitive?
#39NinjuggalotusPosted 4/2/2013 3:49:21 AM
**** it
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
#FreeGucci
#40SunDevil77Posted 4/2/2013 5:55:06 AM
As much as I like Judgement, Jesus, people...the man puts a lot of effort into doing lots of these. Not every gamer is going to hold the same value for the same games.

I respect Horror. His reviews are based off of HIS pros and cons...but he lists the pros and cons in a well thought out list; therefor, you can look at that list and determine if those cons are actually cons for yourself. If not, you learned something from the review, and might try the game yourself.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care