This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Batman - Arkham - Asylum or City - you choose

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 4/1/2013 8:47:40 PM
Which is the better game? - Results (141 votes)
Asylum. The smaller enviroments made it more personal.
47.52% (67 votes)
City. I love a world I can get lost in.
52.48% (74 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I actually choose Asylum.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2CyricsServantPosted 4/1/2013 8:49:52 PM
City for me.

I missed the Scarecrow, but besides that City was an improvement in every way possible.

Asylum is amazing too though.
#3shawnmckPosted 4/1/2013 8:53:11 PM(edited)
Neither.
They both bored me to tears.

But I can understand why some find them appealing, as the production value is extremely high.
But I did not find them to my liking (tastes).
#4Arucard05Posted 4/1/2013 8:53:48 PM
I go back and forth on this all the time. Where I am right now is that, while City improved on some things and is better in some ways, the Asylum felt more realized than anyplace in AC. And that the open world did little to enhance the gameplay, as the best parts of the game were the smaller interiors anyway.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#5MasturCheeffPosted 4/1/2013 9:24:07 PM
I feel like Arkham City improved on almost everything. I prefer Asylum's story.
---
I r guy.
#6DuwstaiPosted 4/1/2013 11:54:11 PM
I had a better time playing Asylum for whatever reason. Atmosphere, pacing, quality of missions just seemed better.
---
balls
#7PsychoDrama1Posted 4/2/2013 12:10:05 AM
Can't choose. Both are amazing.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#8bladegash666Posted 4/2/2013 12:29:47 AM
You kinda suck at making polls lol.

Anyway , I choose Asylum. AC's world was too small and felt restrictive at times , and it makes no sense after the ending. I also think the game has too much boring content overall. Also , they've added all these new characters , but no Joker or Two Face option(CMIIW) ?
---
"People said, "if you don't like DmC, don't buy it or play it." Why feel blame when you did as you were asked?" - NostalgiaRules
#9Big_Ed_MustaphaPosted 4/2/2013 2:03:00 AM
Asylum. Just.

Only because I felt like the 'kill room' scenarios were ruined in City, and those tense close quarters stealth fights were very atmospheric. I do like the open world aspect of city and its great, but in a straight choice I'd take asylum every time.
---
King of the evil/normal monkeys who are now mostly normal but flesh eating while frowned upon is not entirely rare
#10stapler87Posted 4/2/2013 3:48:53 AM
I gotta go with Arkham Asylum. Don't get me wrong, Arkham City was excellent, but I just felt like Asylum was paced a little better.
---
"How come when it's us, it's an abortion, and when it's a chicken, it's an omelet?" - George Carlin