This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do Xbox 360 fans really think that Xbox Live is a good feature?

#1SolnotPosted 4/1/2013 9:15:09 PM
Do most Xbox 360 fans actually think that having to pay to have access to the Internet via Xbox Live is a good "deal" and they actually like doing it?

It's something that's boggled my mind since Microsoft first started doing it. My first thought was that it was just absolutely stupid and no one would be dumb enough to pay for a subscription service to be able to use the Internet subscription that they are already paying for.

But since I was proven wrong, I was just curious. Is paying for Xbox Live something you guys actually like about the service? Or is it more along the lines of you just pay for it because you have to?
#2Ned_MandingoPosted 4/1/2013 9:16:36 PM
Sure, why not?
---
You gotta pay the troll toll.
#3Scoter81Posted 4/1/2013 9:17:14 PM
you're almost there..
#4Robot_SoopaPosted 4/1/2013 9:20:45 PM
It's only worth it because it's more social and XBLA.

It'd also be harder to stomach if I wasn't able to just pay it all in a lump sum and not have to worry about it for a year.

PS+ is far better and I don't think anyone could ever prove differently.

PS3 just needed cross-game chat and mics to come with the system.
#5ChezDispenserPosted 4/1/2013 11:18:13 PM
PS+ is fine. XBL is fine. Both are good services (PS+ or no, at least I could connect to people playing Borderlands on XBL.)
---
Goddamn!
#6ChezDispenserPosted 4/1/2013 11:19:09 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
It's only worth it because it's more social and XBLA.

It'd also be harder to stomach if I wasn't able to just pay it all in a lump sum and not have to worry about it for a year.

PS+ is far better and I don't think anyone could ever prove differently.

PS3 just needed cross-game chat and mics to come with the system.

You also say that last line as though they're small features. Try organizing a game of Battlefield 3 without party chat, then try it with party chat, and tell me which one is so much easier.
---
Goddamn!
#7beastwarkingPosted 4/2/2013 12:10:56 AM
Parts of me wish that anyone who brings up XBL Gold should have their topic immediately closed.
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Hail to the king, baby
#8popping4itPosted 4/2/2013 1:34:21 AM
xbox gold is a pay wall because ms actually established a console online community since xbox live was intelligently supported since xbox1.

sony was simply too stupid at the time and finally established a network midway into ps3s lifecycle, of course thats when they had the worst major network compromise in the history of the internet losing account information, credit card information of millions of users.

of course sony has to give away free games as part of their psn+ service to get any kind of good will towards them.
---
Still hoping for a Shenmue 3.
#9copycat2008Posted 4/2/2013 2:06:03 AM
popping4it posted...
xbox gold is a pay wall because ms actually established a console online community since xbox live was intelligently supported since xbox1.

sony was simply too stupid at the time and finally established a network midway into ps3s lifecycle, of course thats when they had the worst major network compromise in the history of the internet losing account information, credit card information of millions of users.

of course sony has to give away free games as part of their psn+ service to get any kind of good will towards them.

ae you saying xbox live cant be hacked? is this a challenge?
#10GeistPosted 4/2/2013 3:18:36 AM
XBL = fun

PSN+ = Hanging out on the Xbox board crying all day

Yea, I pick XBL.
---
Currently playing : Terraria