This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What will happen when Microsoft turns off Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 forever?

#1SolnotPosted 4/2/2013 9:16:23 AM
I suppose all those Xbox 360 games we bought for the multiplayer component won't be playable any more since Microsoft owns the online servers to them, right?
#2OverburdenedPosted 4/2/2013 9:25:02 AM
I'll buy in my out, you know? Just hen I get I in, I'll buy I'm then I won't, it's all just the where I am in a at, all of these just make no time for sit on then, topics like those I am when I on it, so probably there at I when I am. I doubt I'll but them it in for now. Maybe Friday.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#3SomnambulisticPosted 4/2/2013 9:26:17 AM
I'll buy in my out, you know? Just hen I get I in, I'll buy I'm then I won't, it's all just the where I am in a at, all of these just make no time for sit on then, topics like those I am when I on it, so probably there at I when I am. I doubt I'll but them it in for now. Maybe Friday.

This is a better love story than Twilight.
---
[ Days Gone Bye ]
#4SunDevil77Posted 4/2/2013 9:27:02 AM
You ever seen the movie The Day After Tomorrow?

That's scientists prediction of the events that'll follow the shutting down of Xbox live.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#5sonicteam2k1Posted 4/2/2013 9:27:27 AM
happened with the original Xbox, sucked that you cannot get the hurricane pack for ninja gaiden (no intercept) and can't download the Halo 2 maps, Unreal Championship 2 maps and skins...etc. It could happen.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#6Shy420Posted 4/2/2013 9:27:57 AM
Overburdened posted...

WTF...WTH....I...I...WTF!!!! Mind melt, that is the most difficult thing I have ever read.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#7TrickyPonyPosted 4/2/2013 1:00:17 PM
Overburdened posted...

alright, so Friday then? Synchronize watches in 3.... 2..... 1....
#8TBD2009Posted 4/2/2013 1:14:16 PM
The same thing I did when Xbox LIVE stopped supporting the first generation Xbox... do an "Emergency Download!" session, get all the content that remains for the games I have, make DARNED sure I have done all the "Multiplayer Achievements" on the games I want to 100%, and then shrug, knowing that there will be another "Xbox LIVE" for the new box that comes out.

It's not the end of the world, and usually, services will give you enough warning about the end of a subscription service, so you can take appropriate action.
#92DshmuploverPosted 4/2/2013 1:17:35 PM
If and when that eventually happens we will stil be able to play multiplayer online so long as the game as system link option via Xlink Kai, your system doesn't have to be modded and it's easy to set up. That is if you;re not too bisy playing the next generation.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#10Dersu_UzalaPosted 4/5/2013 2:20:23 PM(edited)
I have a feeling they'll leave it up for the duration of the 720's online service. It's still very valuable to their bottom line and will continue to be for years to come. The relatively small percentage of players who used Live on the original Xbox rarely used it for anything other than Halo 2 multiplayer, and pretty much all downloadable content was also made available on disc, so there were no repercussions to them taking it down. Not so with the 360.