This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shameful gaming secrets

#1Crisis_UKPosted 4/2/2013 10:26:46 AM
Thought I'd make this topic to see if other people have secrets in regards to gaming as a whole that they are not exactly proud of.

Mine is that in all my years of gaming (20+) I've never actually bought a console or handheld at launch and yet I would still consider myself an avid gamer.

The closest I ever came was getting a GBA from my mom for Christmas a whole 6 months after it was release here in the U.K
---
I come from the Orcs. We eat with spoons and forks. We love to eat our pork!
#2OverburdenedPosted 4/2/2013 10:30:13 AM
Was 'mom' a typo, just weird hearing people from the uk say that :p
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#3foodeater4Posted 4/2/2013 10:30:43 AM
Nothing wrong with no buying consoles at launch. They are usually over priced. The game quality is not there either. Usually they are slightly better versions of whats out already.
#4KOTRwhoopsPosted 4/2/2013 10:31:00 AM
Crisis_UK posted...
Thought I'd make this topic to see if other people have secrets in regards to gaming as a whole that they are not exactly proud of.

Mine is that in all my years of gaming (20+) I've never actually bought a console or handheld at launch and yet I would still consider myself an avid gamer.

The closest I ever came was getting a GBA from my mom for Christmas a whole 6 months after it was release here in the U.K

I'm in the same boat, never bought a launch console in 22 years gaming. To be honest that trend is set to continue, I think it's sensible to wait a year to see how the system plays out.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: COO (PS3), Bioshock Infinite (PC), Gears Of War J (360)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations
#5PMCkubrickPosted 4/2/2013 10:32:57 AM
Why/how is that shameful
#6Crisis_UK(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 10:32:59 AM
Overburdened posted...

lol I was wondering if someone was going to pick up on that. I usually say mam but last time I posted it I got laughed at :P
---
I come from the Orcs. We eat with spoons and forks. We love to eat our pork!
#7skiguy1981Posted 4/2/2013 10:36:17 AM
Crisis_UK posted...
Overburdened posted...

lol I was wondering if someone was going to pick up on that. I usually say mam but last time I posted it I got laughed at :P

I thought it was mum
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#8Res5Posted 4/2/2013 10:36:46 AM
It's really not shameful to wait for a console to become cheaper or just wait until the bugs are ironed out. I don't usually buy a console for months or even years (I just got my first 360 like six months ago) because I often have literally hundreds of games for each console I want so unless there's an exclusive that I must have oh my god life will be over if I don't have this game I don't usually get a console just to have it. That's especially relevant in this day and age where consoles tend to share most games anyway and only have a few exclusives. Handhelds are a bit different. I don't think the handheld systems share most of the games they have except for some of the bigger ones like Call of Duty.
---
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com
#9OverburdenedPosted 4/2/2013 10:42:55 AM
Crisis_UK posted...
Overburdened posted...

I'd say mam is welsh or up north.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#10SunDevil77Posted 4/2/2013 10:46:47 AM
Hi...I am SunDevil77...and I have a shameful gaming secret.

....I bought Dragon Age 2 at the midnight release.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care