The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shameful gaming secrets

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Shameful gaming secrets

User Info: Crisis_UK

Crisis_UK
3 years ago#1
Thought I'd make this topic to see if other people have secrets in regards to gaming as a whole that they are not exactly proud of.

Mine is that in all my years of gaming (20+) I've never actually bought a console or handheld at launch and yet I would still consider myself an avid gamer.

The closest I ever came was getting a GBA from my mom for Christmas a whole 6 months after it was release here in the U.K
I come from the Orcs. We eat with spoons and forks. We love to eat our pork!

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 years ago#2
Was 'mom' a typo, just weird hearing people from the uk say that :p
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._

User Info: foodeater4

foodeater4
3 years ago#3
Nothing wrong with no buying consoles at launch. They are usually over priced. The game quality is not there either. Usually they are slightly better versions of whats out already.

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
3 years ago#4
Crisis_UK posted...
Thought I'd make this topic to see if other people have secrets in regards to gaming as a whole that they are not exactly proud of.

Mine is that in all my years of gaming (20+) I've never actually bought a console or handheld at launch and yet I would still consider myself an avid gamer.

The closest I ever came was getting a GBA from my mom for Christmas a whole 6 months after it was release here in the U.K

I'm in the same boat, never bought a launch console in 22 years gaming. To be honest that trend is set to continue, I think it's sensible to wait a year to see how the system plays out.
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: COO (PS3), Bioshock Infinite (PC), Gears Of War J (360)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, RE: Revelations

User Info: PMCkubrick

PMCkubrick
3 years ago#5
Why/how is that shameful

User Info: Crisis_UK

Crisis_UK
3 years ago#6
Overburdened posted...

lol I was wondering if someone was going to pick up on that. I usually say mam but last time I posted it I got laughed at :P
I come from the Orcs. We eat with spoons and forks. We love to eat our pork!

User Info: skiguy1981

skiguy1981
3 years ago#7
Crisis_UK posted...
Overburdened posted...

lol I was wondering if someone was going to pick up on that. I usually say mam but last time I posted it I got laughed at :P

I thought it was mum
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

User Info: Res5

Res5
3 years ago#8
It's really not shameful to wait for a console to become cheaper or just wait until the bugs are ironed out. I don't usually buy a console for months or even years (I just got my first 360 like six months ago) because I often have literally hundreds of games for each console I want so unless there's an exclusive that I must have oh my god life will be over if I don't have this game I don't usually get a console just to have it. That's especially relevant in this day and age where consoles tend to share most games anyway and only have a few exclusives. Handhelds are a bit different. I don't think the handheld systems share most of the games they have except for some of the bigger ones like Call of Duty.
Welcome....to the next best thing
http://highresgaming.blogspot.com

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
3 years ago#9
Crisis_UK posted...
Overburdened posted...

I'd say mam is welsh or up north.
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._

User Info: SunDevil77

SunDevil77
3 years ago#10
Hi...I am SunDevil77...and I have a shameful gaming secret.

....I bought Dragon Age 2 at the midnight release.
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Shameful gaming secrets

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived