This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Shameful gaming secrets

#111LandonioPosted 4/3/2013 2:52:32 AM
-Never owned Skyrim.
-Never beaten a Mass Effect game.
-Never filled out a Pokedex in any Pokemon game.
-Never owned a PS2 or PS3.
-Never beaten FF7 or FF10.
-Never completed the original RE or MGS (but beat the GCN remakes).
-Never collected all Gold Skulltulas in OoT (high was like 77).
-Never beaten a Castlevania prior to SotN, which I actually didn't fully complete until a few months ago.
-Didn't buy an Xbox until 2005, and didn't buy a 360 until 2009.
-Was a blind Nintendo fanboy all my life up until around 2008-09 (although I still love them, I just think they've made some extremely poor decisions).
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY
#112Ivany2008Posted 4/3/2013 6:27:36 AM
No point in collecting all the skulltulas, as all you get is a gold rupee, which by that time in the game, is completely pointless

Re1 for the ps had extremely bad voice acting so you weren't missing much, and mgs1 for the Gc IMO was the better version
---
The teacher said we could be anything we wanted when we grow up.
He wasnt talking to you son, now go out back and practice digging some holes.
#113Comray002Posted 4/3/2013 7:16:47 AM
Oh here's one:

I own Final Fantasies I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and XIII. I've only beaten XIII. Among the rest, I've only played I, III, and VII.
#114skiguy1981Posted 4/3/2013 4:58:06 PM
Crisis_UK posted...
Thought I'd make this topic to see if other people have secrets in regards to gaming as a whole that they are not exactly proud of.

Mine is that in all my years of gaming (20+) I've never actually bought a console or handheld at launch and yet I would still consider myself an avid gamer.

The closest I ever came was getting a GBA from my mom for Christmas a whole 6 months after it was release here in the U.K

cool story bro
---
The problem with Internet quotations is that many are not genuine. - Abraham Lincoln
#115Matt_Man_2004Posted 4/3/2013 5:10:02 PM
Hmm, I'm not really ashamed of it because I was 12 I think. But before Halo 2 came out I used to play a lot of Halo CE. I worked it out one time and I must have clocked over 1000 hours easily. I used to play splitscreen matches from time to time against my cousin and two friends and I always came out on top by a wide margin. I never out and said it but I think I always thought I was something special at Halo and I thought that when Halo 2 came out I'd be kind of untouchable online - probably amongst the best in the world.

I'll just say that 12 year old me sure had heaps of ill-deserved confidence :P
#116faris_ruhiPosted 4/3/2013 5:14:39 PM
I haven't played through FF VII because its graphics put me off (and I play plenty of games older than it with no problems).
---
PSN: SYRAPH , GT: TheRealSyraph
Going through backlog by release date (almost), Current game: Spiderman Web Of Shadows (360), Next up: God of War CoO HD
#117Ivany2008Posted 4/3/2013 8:48:15 PM
you need to play 9, overall I found the story and audio much better than 7 but the limit breaks aren't as good as 7s
---
The teacher said we could be anything we wanted when we grow up.
He wasnt talking to you son, now go out back and practice digging some holes.
#118oasisbeyondPosted 4/3/2013 8:58:50 PM
I played on Easy mode 1 time my whole life... I'm a shamed of it though :)
#119metroidman92Posted 4/3/2013 9:11:03 PM
I've never legitimately finished a Pokemon game without the aid of cheats/ spawn tampered pokemon. Been playing since R/B/Y

And I consider a Pokemon game "beaten" when you beat the Elite 4 + Champion.
---
Tell me Chakas, if this was your choice, after all we have seen and survived... would you fire the rings?
[silence]
#120blackhrtPosted 4/3/2013 10:07:17 PM
metroidman92 posted...
I've never legitimately finished a Pokemon game without the aid of cheats/ spawn tampered pokemon. Been playing since R/B/Y

And I consider a Pokemon game "beaten" when you beat the Elite 4 + Champion.

Why did you need to cheat on Pokemon Yellow? Is there some random difficulty setting in the cartridges? It wasn't too hard for me to beat the Elite 4. Gary would get on my nerves, but he can be beaten as long as your paying attention.
---
"I live my life 3 videogames at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the mortgage, not my clan and their BS. For those 3 games or less, I'm free."