This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So in all honesty do you guys think the next Xbox will be backwards compatiable

#11Arucard05Posted 4/2/2013 3:44:14 PM
I think if it isn't, they have a big problem. The PS4 isn't fully BC, but they at least have some solution to give the impression that all of your digital purchases don't come with a best by date.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#12RollnThunder213Posted 4/2/2013 4:05:47 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with everyone here and say probably not. I would hope we could maybe get a lot of our XBLA games to be able to transfer, but who knows.

The lack of or use of BC will influence my purchase a little. Like I'll probably be buying at least AC4 and Watch_Dogs this fall and I'd hate to buy them for the 360 only to have my console break in a few years and be unable to play them at all.

Not going to whine and moan if it doesn't though. But we should all be prepared for the rush of the immense amount of troll topics after the console announcement. Winter is coming.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#13UltimaXOmegaPosted 4/2/2013 4:10:27 PM
Nope.
PlayStation 4 is gonna be way better but even it doesn't have backwards compatibility.
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Stalin
Official God of the Uchiha the legendary Madara Uchiha of the UNS3 boards
#14RakugiPosted 4/2/2013 4:39:00 PM
Maybe, dependant on how difficult software emulation will be (a la what we have now on xbox 360 for xbox titles)
Unless the new Xbox is structurally similar to its predecessor and can just play 360 titles.
My guess is a 0% chance Microsoft will put and extra hardware in the case to aid BC simply because it will raise the price and lower sales.
As for people who question why BC is important to some, it was to me with PS2 and Xbox games going forward because the native hardware does a pretty bad job at putting a signal on an HDTV screen, but in most cases, running that same disc through backwards compatibility increased the crispness of the image, especially on titles that support widescreen (which comes out especially blurry from vintage hardware on an HDTV)
---
**7|-|15 15 |\/|`/ 519|\|47|_|3**
#15richboy900Posted 4/2/2013 4:45:58 PM
No I don't think so. It doesn't bother me as I'll keep my 360 but I think they should strive to achieve that since the ps4 isn't bc. It'd hurt sony if the new xbox was bc. I reckon ms will just sell the 360 games in downloadable format on the next system.