This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Multiplatform games that look A LOT better on the 360 than the PS3

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 4/2/2013 8:52:00 PM
I recently traded in Arkham Asylum on the PS3 for the 360 version ((since my memory of the 360 was it looked better)) -- and wow, yes, like night and day. So much better graphically, textures are insane on the 360 - it's almost scary.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2TheArcadePosted 4/2/2013 9:09:35 PM
I heard Batman's cape is black on the 360 version blue on PS3 is this true?
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#3Rome218Posted 4/2/2013 11:23:27 PM
I read that RDR has more foliage on the 360 version. I'm not sure that is that big of a deal.

Older games I recall are RS:V. I still love that game and it ran poorly on the PS3.

It couldn't even handle NFL Legends 2k8 or whatever. I actually preferred that over Madden during the time, and I was shocked at how horrible the frame rate was on the PS3 version.

Worth noting is Far Cry 2. The shadows were better on PS3. When I played it on 360, I was confused at how poor the shadows looked.

Other than that, those are real nit picky thing to me. I would just recommend your favorite controller.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#4brygoPosted 4/2/2013 11:30:30 PM
I heard Bayonetta is a lot better on the 360.
#5Arucard05Posted 4/2/2013 11:51:10 PM
Depends on the game. Arkham Asylum is not one of the games that looks noticeably better on the 360 however.

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-batman-arkham-asylum/
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#6656stoogePosted 4/3/2013 12:08:21 AM(edited)
Red Dead Redemption is a big one. Also Black Ops 1.

EDIT: Not sure if you're being sarcastic Arucard, but I'll assume you aren't (not an attack. I just really don't know). I will say LoT is crap though. They constantly give the wrong information to the point that I just stopped taking anything they said seriously. or example, they gave both versions of Black Ops a tie.
Well BO on PS3 has such bad graphics that they interfere with gameplay in a big way. Scopes on rifles are barely see-through on PS3, but they're crystal clear on 360.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#7Iceman83Posted 4/3/2013 1:23:37 AM
Rage.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
#8WOT BSPosted 4/3/2013 1:26:09 AM
656stooge posted...
Red Dead Redemption is a big one. Also Black Ops 1.

EDIT: Not sure if you're being sarcastic Arucard, but I'll assume you aren't (not an attack. I just really don't know). I will say LoT is crap though. They constantly give the wrong information to the point that I just stopped taking anything they said seriously. or example, they gave both versions of Black Ops a tie.
Well BO on PS3 has such bad graphics that they interfere with gameplay in a big way. Scopes on rifles are barely see-through on PS3, but they're crystal clear on 360.

windows were screwy too, i remember playing it at a friend's and being like wtf is wrong? i think once they cracked they stopped being transparent or something
---
GT: Extract Hz
#9WantedOutlawPosted 4/3/2013 1:38:45 AM
Red Dead Redemption. I play both the 360 and PS3 versions regularly and there's a pretty substantial difference between the two, and it's not just the foliage. The 360 version is much sharper and clearer. The PS3 version looks slightly blurry, has much more noticeable jaggies and is a lot more glitchy.
#10LandonioPosted 4/3/2013 1:45:08 AM
Part of the reason for Red Dead's inferior visuals on the PS3 is because it supposedly runs at 576p. I believe it's the same for most PS3 CoDs, as well.
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing: Halo 4, Oblivion: GOTY