This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disney kills Lucas Arts and cans all projects

#1Hucast9Posted 4/3/2013 10:40:31 AM
http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749

Credit goes to Pendragoon from the PS4 board. This is bad news. No more Star Wars 1313 or First Assault.
#2corex3dPosted 4/3/2013 10:42:23 AM
wow i knew disney buying lucas arts would be bad but this is just to far
#3LOTRsolidsnakePosted 4/3/2013 10:42:56 AM
people love to trash Kotaku, but they are always the first with news. Love em'!

on topic: just terrible :(
---
RIP Max: XBL: LOTRsolidsnake
i5-3570k | GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 | GIGABYTE Radeon 7970 3GB | 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X | Corsair HX750 | 120 GB HyperX SSD | 2TB HDD
#4TheBlueStigPosted 4/3/2013 10:44:12 AM
Disney = The New Borg.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#5BlazingxPaddlesPosted 4/3/2013 10:44:58 AM
And the other shoe drops!

Star Wars 1313 looked amazing!

Prepare yourselves, crappy browser Star Wars games are coming!
#6Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:45:30 AM
LOTRsolidsnake posted...
people love to trash Kotaku, but they are always the first with news. Love em'!

on topic: just terrible :(

Sucks man. The 1313 and First assault trailers looked awesome. Can someone please make a damn Star Wars game already.
#7Revival125Posted 4/3/2013 10:47:42 AM
I dont understand can someone tell em what goes through the mind of game developers and publishers...BATTLEFRONT 3 WOULD HAVE MADE THEM FILTHY STINKING RICH! WHY WHY WHY WHY NOT??
---
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
#8Dragon NexusPosted 4/3/2013 10:49:03 AM
Honestly, Lucas Arts hasn't been good since it gave up making awesome adventure games for the PC in the 90s.
There's been nothing particularly stand-out made just by them, and if anything we can blame them for ruining KotOR 2 by forcing a rush-out job.
Force Unleashed 1 was good, but needed more work and Force Unleashed 2 sorted out the combat engine while also providing no effort in story, level design or indeed practically anything else.

If this happened 20 years ago it would be a tragedy, but as it stands now this is more like the inevitable conclusion to Old Yeller's story (spoiler warning).
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:51:31 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Disney = The New Borg.

lmao good one
#10SR71haloPosted 4/3/2013 10:53:15 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Honestly, Lucas Arts hasn't been good since it gave up making awesome adventure games for the PC in the 90s.
There's been nothing particularly stand-out made just by them, and if anything we can blame them for ruining KotOR 2 by forcing a rush-out job.
Force Unleashed 1 was good, but needed more work and Force Unleashed 2 sorted out the combat engine while also providing no effort in story, level design or indeed practically anything else.

If this happened 20 years ago it would be a tragedy, but as it stands now this is more like the inevitable conclusion to Old Yeller's story (spoiler warning).

I suppose they haven't been all that great recently, but I'm more upset that we don't get to see what their new projects had to offer. I was really looking forward to both of them. Now we'll never see how good they could have been (or bad, I guess). -_-
---
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis