This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disney kills Lucas Arts and cans all projects

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Disney kills Lucas Arts and cans all projects
3 years ago#1
http://kotaku.com/disney-shuts-down-lucasarts-468473749

Credit goes to Pendragoon from the PS4 board. This is bad news. No more Star Wars 1313 or First Assault.
3 years ago#2
wow i knew disney buying lucas arts would be bad but this is just to far
3 years ago#3
people love to trash Kotaku, but they are always the first with news. Love em'!

on topic: just terrible :(
RIP Max: XBL: LOTRsolidsnake
i5-3570k | GIGABYTE GA-Z77-HD3 | GIGABYTE Radeon 7970 3GB | 16GB G.skill Ripjaws X | Corsair HX750 | 120 GB HyperX SSD | 2TB HDD
3 years ago#4
Disney = The New Borg.
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
3 years ago#5
And the other shoe drops!

Star Wars 1313 looked amazing!

Prepare yourselves, crappy browser Star Wars games are coming!
3 years ago#6
LOTRsolidsnake posted...
people love to trash Kotaku, but they are always the first with news. Love em'!

on topic: just terrible :(

Sucks man. The 1313 and First assault trailers looked awesome. Can someone please make a damn Star Wars game already.
3 years ago#7
I dont understand can someone tell em what goes through the mind of game developers and publishers...BATTLEFRONT 3 WOULD HAVE MADE THEM FILTHY STINKING RICH! WHY WHY WHY WHY NOT??
Spread Your Wings And Fly Away With Me
3 years ago#8
Honestly, Lucas Arts hasn't been good since it gave up making awesome adventure games for the PC in the 90s.
There's been nothing particularly stand-out made just by them, and if anything we can blame them for ruining KotOR 2 by forcing a rush-out job.
Force Unleashed 1 was good, but needed more work and Force Unleashed 2 sorted out the combat engine while also providing no effort in story, level design or indeed practically anything else.

If this happened 20 years ago it would be a tragedy, but as it stands now this is more like the inevitable conclusion to Old Yeller's story (spoiler warning).
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
3 years ago#9
TheBlueStig posted...
Disney = The New Borg.

lmao good one
3 years ago#10
Dragon Nexus posted...
Honestly, Lucas Arts hasn't been good since it gave up making awesome adventure games for the PC in the 90s.
There's been nothing particularly stand-out made just by them, and if anything we can blame them for ruining KotOR 2 by forcing a rush-out job.
Force Unleashed 1 was good, but needed more work and Force Unleashed 2 sorted out the combat engine while also providing no effort in story, level design or indeed practically anything else.

If this happened 20 years ago it would be a tragedy, but as it stands now this is more like the inevitable conclusion to Old Yeller's story (spoiler warning).

I suppose they haven't been all that great recently, but I'm more upset that we don't get to see what their new projects had to offer. I was really looking forward to both of them. Now we'll never see how good they could have been (or bad, I guess). -_-
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Disney kills Lucas Arts and cans all projects

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived