This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Coming to North America and Europe on PS3/360

#1Sousui_KyoujakuPosted 4/3/2013 11:45:16 AM
"Dynasty Warriors 8 is headed to North America and Europe, Tecmo Koei announced this morning. While in Japan the game is a PlayStation 3–only title, the localized version will be released for both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Dynasty Warriors 8 features multiple endings and “What If” scenarios that ignore historical facts to explore what would have happened if certain characters hadn’t died. Tecmo Koei say that the game will have over 70 playable characters in all.

Dynasty Warriors 8 will reach North America on July 16th and Europe on July 12th. The game will feature Japanese voices and subtitles in English, French and German."

Not sure why this source says that there won't be English voice acting. Chin Soon Sun of Tecmo Koei confirms that there will be English voice acting in it, as well as various English voice actors confirming their roles through Twitter already.

What do you all think of this?

Sources:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03/dynasty-warriors-8-headed-to-north-america-and-europe-on-ps3360/

https://twitter.com/inspchin/status/319464405907668992
---
There is no signature. There never has been, there never will be.
#2Xx_King_Beef_xXPosted 4/3/2013 11:51:06 AM
If it doesn't have a free mode in it, I will be skipping it. DW7 was a huge step forward after the disgrace that was DW6, but dropping free mode was what killed it for me. Conquest was not a good substitute either.
---
I have to return some videotapes.
#3HeLeehamPosted 4/3/2013 11:52:15 AM
Awesome.

I do wish they would have Chinese voice actors for once though.
#4SolGerXPosted 4/3/2013 1:22:19 PM
i just wish they would have bothered to put dw7 empires on xbox. anyway, i'm always down for some DW. :)
---
GamerTag: SolGer360
#5SunDevil77Posted 4/3/2013 1:26:36 PM
So...I've always been interested in this series, but never tried it or watched any gameplay...what's it like?
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#6Killah PriestPosted 4/3/2013 1:27:46 PM
YES

Can't wait for this and warriors orochi 4 and then dynasty warriors 9 and warriors orochi 5, etc...

keep em coming KOEI.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#7supoPosted 4/3/2013 1:44:14 PM
Wow time sure does fly, I remember playing the old games like it was yesterday lol. Proud to be a dedicated fan of the series :)
---
We are not alone...
#8Robin_MaskPosted 4/3/2013 1:58:53 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
So...I've always been interested in this series, but never tried it or watched any gameplay...what's it like?

Mash X and take out thousands upon thousands of regular fodder enemies with the occasional Y to get a different finisher.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#9Rome218Posted 4/3/2013 2:05:08 PM
I used to be a huge fan of the DW series, but my favorite thing they did this gen was Warriors, Legends of Troy.

Sadly you can only get it on demand since it was never released in NA.

The combat includes ragdoll physics when you're beating enemies around. Another thing worth noting is bodies actual stay on the battlefield, so as you run back and forth you will see a battleground. Once you are OPed(I had a guy with a bow), I killed an entire formation of enemies, and their bodies were just on the ground where they were in formation, lol.

Another thing I really enjoyed was picking up enemy weapons and throwing them. Spearing enemies is always fun to me.

The sad thing is there is only a campaign. You can keep replaying it to make your characters stronger, but no free mode. On the flip side, the retelling of part 1 of Homer's epic poem was done pretty well.

Here is a review that convinced me to buy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZA9hbTzp80

This game is by far my favorite warriors game.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#10Killah PriestPosted 4/3/2013 2:06:13 PM
Warriors legend of troy was ok, I have that game on PS3.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.