This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Coming to North America and Europe on PS3/360

#11Rome218Posted 4/3/2013 2:16:44 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
So...I've always been interested in this series, but never tried it or watched any gameplay...what's it like?

It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it was the reason I bought a PS2.

Like the guy said, you just press x and sometimes y. You are in a large battlefield, and you go around beating waves upon waves of enemies. The game Ninety Nine Nights(I think that's the game) was influenced by this game. This series was always super popular in Japan, but after so many installments, American gamers and critics began getting tired of it.

DW5 was my last DW game, but I played spin offs like Fist of the North Star and the Warriors Legends of Troy.

Each installment is slightly different. You usually replay levels, getting so many characters to choose from, and you make them stronger.

The story itself is over the book Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It is a romanticized view of a time period where three kingdoms in China were fighting. My favorite leader is Cao Cao, who is played by Chow Yun Fat in The Assassins.

I personally found the movie Red Cliff to be far more interesting though, and I believe it may still be on netflix.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#12Rome218Posted 4/3/2013 2:20:00 PM(edited)
Killah Priest posted...
Warriors legend of troy was ok, I have that game on PS3.

You think everything I like is just okay. :P From games like The Walking Dead to movies like Idiocracy. >_<

lol, it's cool that someone else here has played it though. =)

Editing this, it wasn't Idiocracy.. it was Event Horizon.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES