This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

North Korea vs usa 2013 and Home Front coincidence.

#41Rome218Posted 4/4/2013 7:56:29 AM
I don't know why people argue about history. Even history is tainted, as our text books omit a lot of things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/13/education/13texas.html?_r=0

After three days of turbulent meetings, the Texas Board of Education on Friday approved a social studies curriculum that will put a conservative stamp on history and economics textbooks, stressing the superiority of American capitalism, questioning the Founding Fathersí commitment to a purely secular government and presenting Republican political philosophies in a more positive light.

Read the article, it just gets worse. History is written by the winners, right? There are still so many Americans who believe the poem about Paul Revere's midnight run. It was just a poem written by a celebrity writer Henry Longfellow.

He was not the only rider, and he did not make it that far. The British caught him, and from some record, they say he sang like a canary and told the that an army was heading to Lexington. They spared him and took his horse.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#4295_EclipsePosted 4/4/2013 9:01:04 AM
America >>>>>>>>>>>>> All of you o.o

Well... in the 90s, nowadays America >>> all of you.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#43googlerPosted 4/4/2013 9:22:20 AM
I was think about this for the last few days how uncanny it all is
#44JManGTPosted 4/4/2013 10:08:39 AM
Runner_style posted...
Hm, it's not as cut and dry as NK attacks USA > USA counter attacks NK > Fatality.

NK attacks USA > USA retaliates > SK joins in the attack > China jumps to defend NK > USA, and China start fighting > > UN forces gets involved the UK gets dragged along with them > Russia jumps in to defend China > Middle East business as usual > Potential nuclear warfare > game over.

Of course that is the worst case...

This, I wouldn't really take this subject with a joking matter.
These guys are brewing up the next world war if its not handled well enough.
---
Sebastian Loeb
Undefeated World Champion 2004-2012 (WRC Retired)
#45SoincMetalPosted 4/4/2013 10:25:34 AM
I think i smell a draft coming on........ Lets get ready people, but down them fake guns and get ready to wield a real one.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#46BlackReignMCWPosted 4/4/2013 11:12:41 AM
MostlySlowJoe posted...
Mutant1988 posted...
Hitler also believed his nation to be superior to all others and tried to save the countries he conquered from themselves.

Say, what country will America save next? I mean, does North Korea have any natural resources worth exploiting?

You hold America as some kind of golden standard that we should all aspire to (Rather than as a nation that has achieved things both good and bad), when in fact it is no different from other empires throughout history, rising to it's position as world leader by exploitation of resources from other countries.

Your problem is that you only make a distinction by nation, and not on a political group or individual basis. There were a lot of people that fought the Nazis. There were a lot of people that fought for them. The thing is, these people might share the same nationality, and you fail to make a distinction between them.

You just use a blanket statement claiming that we (All of Europe) helped the Nazis commit genocide. Well, you know, I bet most people were ignorant or dared not object out of fear.

And not every nation were capable of putting up resistance against the technological and experienced powerhouse that was the German Army.

But generalizing the entirety of Europe as collaborating with the Nazis is, if anything, an example of racism. Or rather, of nationalism. Or just indicative of astonishing ignorance, arrogance and/or stupidity on your part.

Normal EU brain washed trash......we take over countries for oil huh? Do we own kuwait ? Do we get free oil from them ? Are any of the country we have FREED then given back to the ppl so they can deside thier OWN leaders even in the top 5 of ppl we buy oil from ? No.

1 Canada.

America has never freed Canada from anything. My God, No Child Left Behind failed you badly. Stop piecing together your "knowledge" from Youtube videos and Netflix. Next you're gonna start telling people there are Nazis on the dark side of the moon turning black people into Aryans.
---
My Buddy's Uncle's Cousin's Brother has a friend who works in Atlantis and saw Batman nut punch an albino midget Unicorn wrestler. True story.
#4795_EclipsePosted 4/4/2013 2:09:39 PM
BlackReignMCW posted...
MostlySlowJoe posted...
Mutant1988 posted...
Hitler also believed his nation to be superior to all others and tried to save the countries he conquered from themselves.

Say, what country will America save next? I mean, does North Korea have any natural resources worth exploiting?

You hold America as some kind of golden standard that we should all aspire to (Rather than as a nation that has achieved things both good and bad), when in fact it is no different from other empires throughout history, rising to it's position as world leader by exploitation of resources from other countries.

Your problem is that you only make a distinction by nation, and not on a political group or individual basis. There were a lot of people that fought the Nazis. There were a lot of people that fought for them. The thing is, these people might share the same nationality, and you fail to make a distinction between them.

You just use a blanket statement claiming that we (All of Europe) helped the Nazis commit genocide. Well, you know, I bet most people were ignorant or dared not object out of fear.

And not every nation were capable of putting up resistance against the technological and experienced powerhouse that was the German Army.

But generalizing the entirety of Europe as collaborating with the Nazis is, if anything, an example of racism. Or rather, of nationalism. Or just indicative of astonishing ignorance, arrogance and/or stupidity on your part.

Normal EU brain washed trash......we take over countries for oil huh? Do we own kuwait ? Do we get free oil from them ? Are any of the country we have FREED then given back to the ppl so they can deside thier OWN leaders even in the top 5 of ppl we buy oil from ? No.

1 Canada.

America has never freed Canada from anything. My God, No Child Left Behind failed you badly. Stop piecing together your "knowledge" from Youtube videos and Netflix. Next you're gonna start telling people there are Nazis on the dark side of the moon turning black people into Aryans.

You just failed horribly at reading comprehension, just so you know o.o
---
#48TrickyPonyPosted 4/5/2013 12:19:07 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
BlackReignMCW posted...
MostlySlowJoe posted...
Mutant1988 posted...

1 Canada.

lol, looks like Canada left more kids behind than we did
#49oasisbeyondPosted 4/5/2013 12:26:01 PM
NK attacks USA > USA retaliates > SK joins in the attack > China jumps to defend NK > USA, and China start fighting > > UN forces gets involved the UK gets dragged along with them > Russia jumps in to defend China > Middle East business as usual > Potential nuclear warfare > game over. And when all you fools kill each other off... Canada comes in and cleans the mess as always lmao.
#5095_EclipsePosted 4/5/2013 12:37:47 PM
TrickyPony posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
BlackReignMCW posted...
MostlySlowJoe posted...
Mutant1988 posted...

1 Canada.

lol, looks like Canada left more kids behind than we did

lmao, seems so.
---