This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why doesn't xbox live give free games for gold members -_-

#31IvanKozlovPosted 4/4/2013 4:21:43 AM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
BreakfastCIub posted...
Christ, Xbox fans can sometimes be a little bit hostile and defensive. I believe OP just asked a question. Jeez.

The same "question" that was SPAMMED INCESSANTLY last week, 50+ topics about it in a 3 or 4 day time span.

IvanKozlov posted...
Much like you lose almost everything when you no longer have gold.

You do NOT lose the games that you get to CHOOSE to get free when Gold ends. Sony decides for you which games you get free, and they give you s*** games.

The only stuff you lose when Gold ends is multiplayer, apps, and the 1 week lead time for demos. And since you can get Gold for FREE if you live in the USA, gold never has to end.

And as you CONSTANTLY need to be reminded, most people would rather pay for a superior online play service that's policed for jackass players than be forced to suffer under a free system that isn't policed at all.

And as you need to be constantly reminded:

1. You're a massive fanboy or a great troll. Either way, it's kind of sad.

2. You're correct, you don't lose the games (guess indie games don't count) yoy do lose access to damn near everything else. Online play, almost all, if not all apps, and some indie games.

3. You can get gold for free yes, but that point is nullified by the fact that the vast majority don't. Nor do they even know that bing rewards even exists. Which is why people have to constantly be told about it on this board.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
#32IvanKozlovPosted 4/4/2013 4:33:20 AM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
Ssliasil posted...
PSN became sooo much better than Xbox when PSN+ instant game collection became available.

There's already far less hacking and modding on the PS3 than there is on the 360, and now PSN players get free games. (yes you have to pay for the premium service to access these games, but you get over $2000 worth of merchandise for the small amount you spend on Plus.

PSN is absolutely kicking Xbox lives ass in every way right now with the exception of cross game voice chat...that is literally the only thing Xbox Live has over the PSN.

PSN is down for maintenance far more often than Live ever is.

PSN is still more easily hacked (it's the main reason for the downtime).

PSN is still flooded with underaged screaming little kids with no way to kick them out of the games.

You do NOT get to choose the "free games" with PSN+, and you can lose access to them any time Sony sees fit to remove them from the free list whether you're done playing them or not.

Live users who know what they're doing can find substantial discounts on Gold subscriptions AND on Points cards, and can even get both absolutely FREE with just a few minutes of "work" per day.

Sony isn't kicking anybody's ass, they're the laughing stock of the online play community right now because they're the LEAST reliable, LEAST secure, and most invasive for DRM.

1. True

2. You pulled that right out of your ass. Prove that it is the reason for the downtime with a source.

3. Lolwut.This makes me think you don't even play live. Go watch Lui Calibre, or Trollarch, or MinnesotaBurns on youtube and get back to me.

4. Not true at all. You can play them as long as you have a plus subscription, provided that you downloaded it to begin with. Even if you cancel it and renew it at a later date. Provide a source to prove this, if you can.

5. Can, yes. Do they? Not at all as evidenced by the amount of people that don't even know Bing Rewards exists on this board. If the people of the xbox 360 board on here don't know it exists, do you really think the average consumer does?

6. I've already picked apart your other points, so I'm gonna need you to explain that DRM comment too.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
#33Gandalf the IstariPosted 4/4/2013 7:42:11 AM
shotgunheadshot posted...
They should sell those Xbox arcade games in retail stores. Those games are for rich people who have Internet connection. So stupid.

How did you get here?
#34fiasco86Posted 4/4/2013 8:01:58 AM
I've gotten a few free arcade/kinect games. And like others have said, they stay free. I get to keep them if I stop subscribing to Gold.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#35SoincMetalPosted 4/4/2013 8:05:11 AM
Yea people don't seem to realize you don't keep the games, You only "keep" them if you have PS+. Meaning i don't think your games would work offline?
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#36IvanKozlovPosted 4/4/2013 8:14:45 AM
SoincMetal posted...
Yea people don't seem to realize you don't keep the games, You only "keep" them if you have PS+. Meaning i don't think your games would work offline?

Not really sure as my Ps3 doesn't disconnect from the internet it is a possible though. I know that you can't play indie games on without XBL, but that's the only game restriction as far as I know.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
#37Rome218Posted 4/4/2013 8:15:32 AM
Aegis Wing. =D I loved that game.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#38LethalbuttersPosted 4/4/2013 1:55:08 PM
corex3d posted...
they have 1 that i know of happy wars suppose to be more to come though i think the next one is ascend new gods or something like that

edit:
don't you lose the free psn + games once you stop paying?

You need commas and periods.
---
It won't budge.
#39BlackReignMCWPosted 4/4/2013 3:04:45 PM
shotgunheadshot posted...
They should sell those Xbox arcade games in retail stores. Those games are for rich people who have Internet connection. So stupid.

WTF?
---
My Buddy's Uncle's Cousin's Brother has a friend who works in Atlantis and saw Batman nut punch an albino midget Unicorn wrestler. True story.