This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

finished DMC3, now off to 4 and DmC

#1sonicteam2k1Posted 4/3/2013 7:36:53 PM
DMC3 is a pretty rad game. outside of a few of the annoying puzzles, it's badass. the combat is slick. I didn't enjoy DMC1 or 2 at all, but man 3 kicked it into high gear.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#2sineater912Posted 4/3/2013 7:41:14 PM
I loved part 1 over 10 years ago. I picked up the HD collection not to long ago and part 1 is so boring to me now. But yeah part 3 is still cool.
---
snake beater
#3NeoGeoXSegaPosted 4/3/2013 9:21:47 PM
If you didn't like DMC1, you might not like DMC4.
The game is designed around the first game with the addition of the DMC3 combat added to the mix.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#4DuwstaiPosted 4/4/2013 1:05:26 AM
DMC1 is so much better than 3.

Awful taste ITT
---
balls
#5RatchetrockonPosted 4/4/2013 1:25:04 AM
^

In level and enemy design. Its gameplay has not aged well :/
While DMC 3's gameplay can still hold its own today.

As for DMC 4 if it weren't for nero and all the backtracking it would have been such a better game.. At least its combat is slightly better than DMC 3 though.
#6Damn_DeaditePosted 4/4/2013 1:30:00 AM
Ratchetrockon posted...
^

In level and enemy design. Its gameplay has not aged well :/
While DMC 3's gameplay can still hold its own today.

As for DMC 4 if it weren't for nero and all the backtracking it would have been such a better game.. At least its combat is slightly better than DMC 3 though.

What? Nero's gameplay was refreshing and awesome. His devil bringer arm was nifty. The back track wasnt even that bad and just proved how awesome Dante is. Nero struggled to get through the game and then Dante turns around and cuts through it like a warm knife through butter.

DMC3
DMC4
DMC
DMC2

I havnt played DmC yet so i cant rank that one.
---
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!
#7RatchetrockonPosted 4/4/2013 1:40:31 AM
^

Actually surprised by this.

To each of their own I guess. A bit biased on Nero though since I played DMC 4 after already learning so many of Dante's styles and technique on DMC 3. Just hated playing as a new dude and rushed through all of Nero's section to play as Dante XD.

By the time I got to Dante though I got bored since I had to repeat most of Nero's levels again.

However the style switching really added more flavor to the combat! I can appreciate DMC 4's improvement in combat over the previous titles! The levels and enemy designs were also an improvement over 3 I can't deny that.

Also I pretty much agree with your ranking.
#8seanskatePosted 4/4/2013 1:55:03 AM
I played all 5 and honestly like DmC more than dmc 2 and 4, Offcourse dmc 1 and 3 have nostalgia advantage but dmc 3 really has better levels and bosses than DmC. I'm not really feeling the reboots floating platform levels. Kinda bummed out on the heavy weapons sucking also.
---
SEN = BakerBoard
XBL/ WiiU = ClickedButton
#9Damn_DeaditePosted 4/4/2013 2:14:57 AM
Ratchetrockon posted...
^

Actually surprised by this.

To each of their own I guess. A bit biased on Nero though since I played DMC 4 after already learning so many of Dante's styles and technique on DMC 3. Just hated playing as a new dude and rushed through all of Nero's section to play as Dante XD.

By the time I got to Dante though I got bored since I had to repeat most of Nero's levels again.

However the style switching really added more flavor to the combat! I can appreciate DMC 4's improvement in combat over the previous titles! The levels and enemy designs were also an improvement over 3 I can't deny that.

Also I pretty much agree with your ranking.

I did the same thing with Nero at first, i was like 'da f is this? I want Dante.. Whos this whiney tool?' Then as i played as him i fell in love with his game play style.
---
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!
#10QuBixPosted 4/4/2013 2:32:21 AM
DMC will always be close to my heart and that's why it's the best. DMC3 was great too but it couldn't wash out the bad taste in my mouth that DMC2 left. I just didn't like the level design at all. DMC4 was fun but nothing super amazing. This years DmC however was just great. I loved everything about it and as it stands it's all most the best DmC to date.
---
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix