This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Open world games that continue after beating the boss...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Open world games that continue after beating the boss...
2 years ago#1
Games that you can beat, but keep playing after you've defeated the boss...

Why are you not "God", the King, or whatever?

I mean after you save everyone, stuff from stores should be free, random NPC's shouldnt slight you, and generally everybody should be kissing your ass, especially if you saved the universe/planet/dimension/whatever and its known throughout the lore's world. I mean, you wouldnt have a store if I didnt everyone, I deserve a $free.99 discount, right?

Anyone else dislike this oversight of open world games?
---
360 and PS3 tags: DiegoElFuego. WiiSSBB: 1032-0974-7716
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6vbQfBPYLk&feature=channel
2 years ago#2
The Fable series does a good job of showing your character as a legend after the final bosses.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
2 years ago#3
I would like a New Game Plus. C'mon! You give me this big ass world to explore and when I beat the boss, you're not going to give me the common goddamn courtesy to let me replay it? I didn't spend 20+ hours just to sit on my ass and collect whatever I didn't collect.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
2 years ago#4
Torchlight keeps going after you beat the last boss, most likely only to allow you to keep leveling up for the final achievement to reach max fame level.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
2 years ago#5
BlueJester007 posted...
I would like a New Game Plus. C'mon! You give me this big ass world to explore and when I beat the boss, you're not going to give me the common goddamn courtesy to let me replay it? I didn't spend 20+ hours just to sit on my ass and collect whatever I didn't collect.

I believe new game+ should be a standard by now. It makes me upset that it isn't implemented in too many games.

Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs, and so many more could have had me playing it for a much longer time.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
2 years ago#6
Rome218 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...

I believe new game+ should be a standard by now. It makes me upset that it isn't implemented in too many games.

Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Sleeping Dogs, and so many more could have had me playing it for a much longer time.

It's ridiculous. And some game devs don't even do it right. They let you do ONE replay and then you're stuck.
---
Mal: You want to run this ship?!
Jayne: Yes! Mal: Well. . . you can't.
2 years ago#7
RDR you can play after you beat it.Kick butt on who ever you want or go back and redo missions.
2 years ago#8
ITT: people completely miss the point TC is trying to convey and just post games that allow you to continue after the story.
2 years ago#9
BlueJester007 posted...

NG+ was a huge missed opportunity in The Witcher 2. You get so many good items in the last hour or so of the game and you barely get to use them.

Almost every game nowadays should come with the option of a NG+.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
2 years ago#10
staticxtreme5 posted...
ITT: people completely miss the point TC is trying to convey and just post games that allow you to continue after the story.

Hey man, don't be disregardin' me.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Open world games that continue after beating the boss...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived